Faithful CPC testers...help!

RachelG

That's not usually the person's fault. It's the hosting site. They do it to pay for the site that you get for free. It's a pain but if it's free, you don't get much of a choice. :)

The end of the sentence was "not where I found the link" meaning that If I were going to email & complain, it would be directed to the site the pop ups originated. The site owner knows their site has popups, if there are too many, yes I'd probably email because after enough emails, they may look into other hosting services, that have minimal popups or eliminate them through ad banners.

And yes, we do have a choice. I don't intentionally visit Fortune city, just because of their popups.

But repeating my main post, this isn't CPC's responsibiity. They put you on the freeway to the patterns, it's up to you where you want to "pull over" for a look.

Yes I know you said if you emailed. :)

Sometimes people don't have a choice where they host. Some people need to stick with freebies and getting tons of emails will only make them feel bad possibly pulling their site altogether. Most free sites have far too many ads now. I remember when Angelfire was my favorite site to make a page on. Now it's such a pain with all the ads that I don't bother.

Like you, I do try to stay away from the Fortune City links.

I know it's not Rachel's responsiblity, I think we all know since it's been said by nearly every reply on here. ;)

C'mon, ladies (and gentlemen), you KNOW I don't have time to design 9,000 + patterns and tutorials!!!!!!!! :eek;):P

Really??? Because I would believe you could perform miracles with all of the patterns you find. Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put into CPC. I use it all of the time. It is, IMHO, the best resource on the web for free crochet patterns. Thank you, Thank you. :hug

Thanks for making me smile... :U

Anybody could do it, really. I've just developed a system.

:lurkLurk everywhere waiting for people to mention new free patterns

:galleryCheck a loooooooooooooooong list of bookmarked sites regularly

:hyperWait for people to email me their own links

:googleGoogle.

And other things that are just spinoffs of the above.

I checked both CPC and the knitting one too, and didn't get any pop-up ads at all. I do know that there is crochet site that is on the fortune city server and whenever I click on one of her free pattern links, I get pop-up ads that override my pop-up blocker. But other than that, I don't have any problems. Usually if I see the pattern is coming from fortune city, I just skip it so I don't waste any time.

Archived