Crochet "Beads"

A friend of mine sells Cookie Lee jewelry and when browsing through the catalog the other day I saw that they have jewelry with crocheted beads. I was squinting to see how they were made---they look pretty interesting.

Has anyone else seen them?

Saw something like them on e-bay, not Cookie Lee, but still jewelry with crochet beads.....it is like very fine thread crochet done around a large round bead I think......atleast that would be my guess as to how they are made. I think they are very pretty

I make a crocheted bead that I use on some of beaded purses as accent. You can see some on this thread.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28164

Those in that purse are done in a size 40 thread with size 13 seed beads. It really isn't all that difficult to do and it is possible to work a simple design into the bead if you so desire. I enjoy making tassels with these beads and I can guarantee that they will match the piece I am doing.

I stuff mine. Then I can just sew thru them to connect them to what I want. I will dig out my instructions for these later when I am done this evening and will post them if you would like.

Thanks Kathy, but please take your time, I am in no hurry.....just curious.....still, there are so many things that these beads could embellish! It seems to be a very useful skill to know how to make them:yes :yes :yes

Here you go my pattern for beaded beads. They really aren't difficult to do. Can be done with larger thread and beads but wont look quite as nice.

Crocheted Beaded Bead

Materials

Small amount of size 30 thread about 10-15 yrds.

seed beads size 12

looped needle threader to string beads

small amount of stuffing for bead

Size 12/1.mmhook

Special stitches

bsc = Beaded single crochet which is done in this manner : Begin a sc stitch, when you have the loop caught up and through. (Two loops on hook.) Move a bead behind stitch before finishing your stitch in the normal manner.

Beaded Bead

String Onto your thread, 192 beads

Ch 5 sl st to form ring,

Rnd 1 ch 1, 6 bsc in ring, sl st into 1st bsc of rnd.

Rnd 2ch 1, 2 bsc in 1st sc, * 2 bsc in next sc, * repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd., ( 12 bsc )

Rnd 3 ch 1, 2 bsc in 1st sc, 1 bsc in next bsc, * 2 bsc in next sc, 1 bsc in next bsc,* repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd. ( 18 bsc )

Rnd 4 ch 1, 2 bsc in 1st bsc, 1 bsc in next 2 bsc, * 2 bsc in next sc, 1 bsc in next 2 bsc, * repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd. (24bsc )

Rnd 5 ch 1, 2 bsc in 1st bsc, 1 bsc in next 3 bsc, * 2 bsc in next sc, 1 bsc in next 3 bsc, * repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd. (30bsc )

Rnd 6 - 9 ch 1, bsc in same st, 1 bsc in each bsc around ending with a sl st into 1st bsc of rnd.

Rnd 10 ch 1, dec bsc in next 2 bsc, 1 bsc in next 3 bsc, * dec bsc in next 2 bsc, 1 bsc in next 3 bsc,* repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd. (24bsc )

Rnd 11 ch 1, dec bsc in next 2 bsc, 1 bsc in next 2 bsc, * dec bsc in next 2 bsc, 1 bsc in next 2 bsc,* repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd. ( 18 bsc )

At this point stuff the bead firmly with fiber fill.

Rnd 12 ch 1, dec bsc in next 2 bsc, 1 bsc in next 1 bsc, * dec bsc in next 2 bsc, 1 bsc in next 1 bsc,* repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd. ( 12 bsc )

Rnd 13 ch 1, dec bsc in next 2 bsc, * dec bsc in next 2 bsc, * repeat from * to * around ending with sl st into 1st bsc of rnd. ( 6 bsc) end off leaving a 4 inch tail. Thread tail on needle and weave through the 6 st on the last rnd, gently pull up tight and sew securely.

Designed By

Kathyrn A White

CrochetNBeads

January 2006

Thank You Kathy for the pattern! I will try to make one and see how it goes....seems that you have inspired a few of us to try our hands at it! Your Beaded Purse is beautiful....just like all the rest of your work:manyheart ......

Archived