DRAW STRING BABY PANTS

drawstringribbedpants.th.jpg

copyright 05/20/04 Dot Matthews

materials: I and H hook; red heart soft baby

Waist=18 inches

waist to crotch = 8 ½ inches

Waistband ribbing

with H hook

Row 1: ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 chs. ch 1, turn (5 sts)

Row 2: working in back loops only, sc in next 5 sts. ch 1, turn(5 sts)

Row 3 – 60: Repeat row 2

Row 61: joinn to first row by slip stitch through back loop and free loops of beginning ch. Be careful not to twist waist band.

Body from waist to top of legs

change to I hook

Row 1: working in rounds now, ch 1 turn, sc in ends of rows around. Join in first sc. (60 sts total)

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first st), 1 dc in ea sc around, Join in top of ch 3. (60 sts total)

Row 3 thru 11: Ch 3, 1 dc in ea dc around. Join in top of ch 3. (60 sts total)

First leg:

Row 1: ch 3 (counts as first st), dc in next 29 dc's, join in top of ch 3. (30 sts total)

note: leave remaining dc's unworked…we'll use those later

Row 2 – 10: ch 3, dc in next 29 sts, join in top of ch 3.

Row 11: ch 3, decrease over next 2 dc around, dc in last dc, join in top of ch 3.

LEG RIBBING:

Change to H hook

Row 1: ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 4 chs. sl st in same space as chain, sl st in next st.

Row 2: Turn (do not ch) sk sl sts, sc in back loop only of next 4 sts. ch 1 turn

Row 3: sc in back loops only of next 4 sts, sl st in next 2 sts,

Row 4: turn, sc in back loop only of next 4 scs. fasten off and weave in ends

SECOND LEG:

switch to I hook

Join yarn through both loops of first and last stitch of first leg, (working in unworked stitches)

Row 1: Ch 3, dc in each dc around. Join in top of ch 3.

Row 2 – 11: work same as rows 2-11 on first leg.

Now do ribbing same as first leg. Fasten off and weave in ends.

WAIST TIE:

Ch 150, sl st 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off. Tie know in each end close to ends and cut tial close to knot. Weave tie through waist under ribbing.

Hey Rachel, as of right now, this pattern is a Crochetville exclusive. :D I was waiting for PhotoBucket to settle back down and then I'll post it on my pink blog (Crochet bythehook). I'll probably end up posting it on my green blog (Patterns by Dot) too, but it's going to look very strange with all those hats. :eek

• 10 months later...

This is sooooo cute, thank you for sharing. Going to make some for the help center and hos. here.:yay

I'm going to put a link to you site on my blog so others can share in your wonderful crochet projects. If that's alright with you? You are a grand hooker ! Love all that you do. Always look forward to seeing new things you have made.:manyheart

• 1 month later...

I do wish you luck, Angy. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Happy hookin'. :hook

Hi Ms. Dot,

I have been learning to crochet from your site. I have been at it about 5 months now. I haven't tackled anything big yet, but this is something I may try. Wish me luck:)

Angy

• 1 month later...

The waist is actually pretty large (that's why the drawstring) so if it fits around the waist of your child, just make the body as long as you want it before you start the legs and then if you need to add length to the legs, just keep adding rows. This is a very simple double crochet pattern. Happy hookin' :hook

I love this pattern, is there a way I could convert this to fit a 15 month old? I'd love to make this for my daughter!

Thanks!

Kristen

Thank you, these fit a 3 months old, but can be made larger just by adding more rounds to the body before starting the legs and adding more rounds to the legs to length. :hook

Those are just the cutest!!! What size are they? Thanks for the pattern.

Archived