Look what I found (potholder)

ladysnow

Not sure where to post these. I didn't make them but someone sure did! Please just let me know if it is the incorrect place. I found these two items at a garage sale for $1.50. I knew I couldn't get the thread and have the time to make them for that! I just don't know what they would be used for. Not big enough for dishcloths, and definately not heavy enough for pot holders. I will just use them as decoration!

dress.jpg

bloomers.jpg

Actually, I think they are supposed to be dishcloths. I was browsing dishcloth patterns the other night (on Crochet Pattern Central), and I'm SURE I saw a pattern EXACTLY like that.

Either way, they ARE pretty! :D

I think they are supposed to be potholders. Here's one that's a dress, not identical, but you get the idea... And I've seen the pants before too. In fact, I have a book of potholders with a dress and pants in it, out of thread..... Crochet Vintage Potholders, from Annie's Attic. They're cute! Nice find. :)

Tina

I have a vintage potholders book from my grandmother that has similar patterns in it. Clothing designs seemed to have been very popular for potholders.

Those are very nice! I think $1.50 was a steal!

Those are the cutest potholders/dishcloths! They would look great paired with a retro tablecloth and curtains.:)

See I thought they would be potholders too, but they seem a bit on the small side and I wouldn't trust them to keep the "heat" away from my hand.
I agree, but I think they were more for decoration in the kitchen. I had patterns like that before and the pants were called Grandpa Pants. :D Very cute. I think you got a great deal. :yes

Archived