Crocheted Scupture in Upstate NY

I'm " inspired " to dig out the pieces of our old tent and take measurements....never did like the canvas. . I could make it look like gingerbread house, or castle, or......I wonder if you can waterproof yarn???? Thank your Dad for the pictures. I think I've found my summer project!!!!!

I don't know if you could waterproof yarn, but here's a thought--buy sunbrella fabric and make narrow strips to crochet, or use old raincoats, etc, You can always waterproof the fabric when you're done--there's stuff you can buy to re-waterproof old raincoats, that would work--but if you're actually going to use the tent, you'd want to line it, I'd think--OR you could make a crocheted "Fly" to cover a real tent--that would be the easiest solution--purely decorative, but very cool--then you could crochet matching sleeping bags, placemats, the possibilities are endless-you could inspire a whole new are genre of "camping crochet!!!"

I'm " inspired " to dig out the pieces of our old tent and take measurements....never did like the canvas. . I could make it look like gingerbread house, or castle, or......I wonder if you can waterproof yarn???? Thank your Dad for the pictures. I think I've found my summer project!!!!!

You Go Amy:clap ! Wouldn't that be cool??? My boys want me to make one but not for sleeping out in.....more for use during the day......Looks like A LOT of really big Squares!:eek

Archived