My Sister Can't Comment on my Blog - THANKS! IT'S FIXED NOW

KnicKnac

She says she keeps on registering and it still won't let her comment. Could someone please go to my blog (it's new) and post a comment? If you can't post please tell me what is happening when you try. Or if someone knows what I am doing wrong on my blog that would prohibit her from posting a comment I would love to know what it is!

I tried and it said Comments are restricted to team members. You need to go in & Edit your profile or whatever you call it - there's a setting you can change. Mine only allowers other bloggers to leave comments, so I don't get any weirdos just wanting to advertise their vulgar sites. Yours must be set on something different, cause it wouldn't even let me leave my comment. Hope this helps.

Hi KnicKnac!

I´ve tried to comment on your blog, but it happens the same as Shelleden tells: "Comments are restricted to team members".

I hope you can change it! :manyheart

I know what you need to do... enter your blog log-in then click on either the gear icon or go to Settings (one or the other) then click on Comments then go to Who can comment? and the little drop down menu will show you three choices. You need to choose Anyone. And you Save it at the bottom and then anyone can comment.

This board is so wonderful! You folks are darlings, thanks for the help, I think it is fixed now!!!

If any of you, or someone new wouldn't mind, could you go back and try it again???

You might also want to consider setting it so that only verified bloggers can comment. They usually have to enter a scrambled code. That way you eliminate the weirdos who just want to post their (sometimes vulgar) sites. Or, you can even set it so that YOU have to approve the comment before it can be posted. ;)

WOO HOO - Thanks Vik for trying and succeeding!!!

Shellden - I did set it up so that anyone could post, but I also set it so that they had to enter the scrambled letter thing. I have lots of family that would want to post comments that wouldn't want to join up with blogger so that is why I did it that way.

THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you Shelleden!!! I am trying, that is for sure...

So tell me, is it proper blog etiquette to respond to the posters??? I would love to say something to you people who posted to me!

It's completely proper.. and encouraged (haha! at least in my book)... to respond to comments. Visit their site (if listed) and comment there, or email them, or PM them here.

Aren't blogs fun? :yes

Archived