My leap of faith... Easter Egg Dyes!

Qmare

Here is last night's dye job... my very first.

th_greenhanddye2.jpg

This was done in a pot on the stove with varying yellows, blues, greens... I left it cool over night. I'm very happy with it in spite of the fact that it nearly felted, then, while hanging out in the yard, the dogs got ahold of it and when I came home, my gnarly mat of a mess of green yarn was even worse and lying in the middle of the back yard! :lol:lol:lol Must've been that sheepy smell... they are all herding dogs!

Tonight, I hand painted this sunset skein in a pyrex dish and microwaved while I did the purple skein in the pot (still wet in the pic):

th_sunsetwet.jpg

th_purplewet.jpg

I'm loving this new science experiment! The dogs are going to have to get used to the smell of wet sheep in the house!:dog:sheepjump:dog

th_purplesunsetwet.jpg

Thanks! The purple one in the pics really doesn't look like it does in person. it has so many variations in it, too. It's pretty. and smells like a wet sheep... of the three, that one I died in the grease! but fun... oh so fun!

Sunsets! That's exactly what I was after!

I can't wait to wind them up and see how they look!

They're all beautiful. Isn't it fun?

I've been experimenting lately with overdyeing. I have a huge amount of wool, all in shades of brown, so I've been trying to see how many variations I can create.

They're all beautiful. Isn't it fun?

I've been experimenting lately with overdyeing. I have a huge amount of wool, all in shades of brown, so I've been trying to see how many variations I can create.

That sounds so neat. Are you going to post details? Show us pics? Common, we are inquiring minds! We want to know :lol :lol :lol

That sounds so neat. Are you going to post details? Show us pics? Common, we are inquiring minds! We want to know :lol :lol :lol

I'm going to try taking a pic of some of the brown yarn tomorrow. If it comes out okay, I'll post it.

I'm going to try taking a pic of some of the brown yarn tomorrow. If it comes out okay, I'll post it.

Goodie! Can't wait. I'm sure it will be fine... even if we just learn from it!

Archived