Hope I've done the right thing

soar

I saw a couple of posts on Terry Kimbrough baby afghans and they looked delicious but i couldn't find the book here in the UK so i made my first ever e bay purchase :eek and am having it sent from the USA

please someone reassure me that 23 baby/toddler afghans by terry kimbrough is a good buy

These afghan boks are my favorites. Everything i have made from them has turned out to be gorgeous. You won't regret spending the $$$!

:hug,

Lorry

All of Terry Kimbrough's patterns are a good buy. I just got the Best of Terry Kimbrough's baby afghans on ebay. I love it! I buy a lot of patterns, books and cd's on ebay and have never had a problem. Just make sure you check the seller's rating and if it's good you should be ok. I have been buying from ebay for over 5 years now.

Wendyb532

Ok, you are a baaaaad influence on me, because I just went over to ebay and got sucked into buying (they made me, I swear!) The Best of Terry Kimbrough Afghans.

I have no willpower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you ALL for the reassurance I am getting excited now and can't wait for it to arrive and when I converted the $$$$ to £££'s it wasn't bad at all as it only cost £12-13 including the postage and as the book has 23 patterns it sounds like a pretty good bargain:cheer

worrying now that I will be buying on e bay all the time:eek

Just a word (or two) of advice for all Ebayer newbies::ebay

Make sure to check the WHOLE history of a seller's feedback. I had once looked at a few pages of the latest feedback from a seller which was all good but neglected to check out months back with quite a few negatives..and what do you know? I had a similar problem that others had reported from way back!

Just remember: Buyer Beware! Sometimes the mega-sellers can be iffy since they sell so much so they tend to make more mistakes w/ sending the wrong item and sometimes don't respond as easily...I tend to like the smaller sellers...they seem more personable! But it's only my humble opinion! :blush

it should tell you if there has been a negative feedback , they keep that up for a year. plus if they do have one. please check and see what it is, as alot of sellers are good people and people sometimes post negatives when they feel like you have wronged them, for instance, i had a perfect record and because i turned a seller in for copying disney movies and said i wanted my money back, she left a negative on my record, which while not fair happens all the time. so please take the time to read the feedback, both bad and good. most e-bay sellers are good and want to do the best they can for you, but there are some who are only looking to rip you off. good luck, :D

As a general rule, I don't buy from an ebay seller who's feedback is lower than body temperature :D

Do check the feedback from other buyers and judge accordingly. Use paypal to send the money if at all possible, paypal does offer some buyers insurance. Or if the seller won't take paypal, buy postal insurance. Doesn't cost much for some peace of mind.

Enjoy your new book. I have one of TK's baby Afghans and they are gorgeous and not that difficult to make either.

As a general rule, I don't buy from an ebay seller who's feedback is lower than body temperature :D

Do check the feedback from other buyers and judge accordingly. Use paypal to send the money if at all possible, paypal does offer some buyers insurance. Or if the seller won't take paypal, buy postal insurance. Doesn't cost much for some peace of mind.

Enjoy your new book. I have one of TK's baby Afghans and they are gorgeous and not that difficult to make either.

thank you for the tips

after a mix up where the wrong book arrived I contacted the seller who was happy to send me the correct book and told me to keep the wrong book with her compliments which was great

the baby afghan book arrived today and oh I am drooling and I got a free best of TK Afghans as well so all in all I'm a happy bunny

Archived