Things about Annie's Attic that make me laugh

pragmatica

So don't get me wrong. I can't complain about a free pattern a day, no matter how, um, not to my taste most of them have been. But sometimes the editorial content makes me giggle.

Like yesterday's pattern, which was a pretty thread crochet pineapple "vest" (it had cap sleeves and a tie at the neck and didn't really look like a vest to me. which is probably why I kinda liked it) which I know is gorgeous because I recently saw a "show and tell" picture of it here or at Craftster.

It's described as being "...perfect for an Easter picnic," which it probably is, but they gave out the pattern on the Wednesday before Easter, so if you wanted to wear it for the proposed picnic, you'd have, like, three days to make it. Which is perhaps a more ambitious project than most of us would take on.

I dunno, it just makes me giggle to think of someone suggesting that I just knock out a big thread piece four days before I want to wear it.

Elissa

I noticed that at Valentines, they posted a few patterns and a couple of them where too close or after the occasion! Oh well I guess we shouldn't complain since they are free.....this way we can be ready for next year! LOL

Since I first started checking out their "pattern for the day" I've seen maybe three things worth making. I wanted to do the Valentine sachet, but I wouldn't have had time before Valentine's Day. That Irish Afghan they had a while back was awesome...again, they posted it way too close to St. Patrick's Day. But, I still keep checking their site daily, hoping to find another gem...

Hey I had the same thought as well and......." and gee wouldnt it look great with tomato sauce slopped down the front of it and melted chocolate egg from the picnic! " (lol). :lol

Archived