200 Crochet Blocks

StitchLuva

Has anyone seen this book? My daughter just bought it and I love it. This is the first pattern book she has purchased so it must have really impressed her. The square and color combinations are so pretty. I hate making granny squares because of all the ends, but love the finished product. One of these days I may actually use all the scraps I have been saving and make an afghan. :hook

I have this book and it rocks!!!! There are so many beautiful blocks in there. I have actually worked up several of them and made them into purses. If you use WW yarn with them....they turn out really large. I think the book calls for DK weight.....It's great though!!! :cheer

I also have this book--have had it for quite a while, actually. I really like it. I was never good at granny squares before, but I just made a few squares from it last week (probably going to make a pillow out of them) and they came out great.

I have this book. I love her sense of color. Making an afghan from it is one of my WIMs! I'd love to get my hands on a good selection of dk to make the squares. It's more popular in Britain than here, unfortunately.

I've been thinking of maybe doing an afghan CAL from this book.

I have the book in Spanish: Stash.jpg and I've wrote about it today in my blog!!! I've posted: I’m taking ideas from Jan Eaton’s book “200 Crochet blocks for blankets, throws and afghans. Crochet squares to mix and match†– A book full of crochet squares or blocks might not sound very exciting, but there are actually some fab pattern ideas and I highly recommend it to you.

:manyheart

Wow, Vik !

Very pretty choice of colors ! and nice squares . What other colors are you using ?

Just thought I'd drop in here and invite all you folks reading this over to the new CAL group that Claire just started .

Come on over and join us -- it'll be fun !
:hook

Yes, StitchLuva, I luva that book too. It inspired me to try a wallhanging for our bedroom to complement the quilt on our bed. Then I got sassy and tried a funky colored orange and green little afghan. I didn't care for it in the end, but my son grabbed it for his apartment. He covers a trunk in his bedroom with it.

hlhanners, I'd love to see the purses you made. Could you post them?

I'll read about the CAL that's starting, but I think I have some other WIMs I'd rather start.

Enjoy the book for years and years!

WallHangingforCV.jpg

OrangeGrannySquareAfghanforCV.jpg

I love it too. I made a little toddler's purse:

geometric_purse_1.JPG

geometric_purse_2.JPG

That second one is actually the result of not paying enough attention to the pattern in the book & winding up having to add a stripe to get it to be the right height. :lol

I have this book and love it....although I dont really care to make afghans I have felt a pull to make that Waterlily Pond Afghan....very appealling.

Well worth the money spent....

Archived