Patterns

You guys know that most of the time you buy yarn theres almost always a pattern on the label of the yarn...I never use those. There are some nice ones and I have bought tons of yarn but have never made something from those labels...only once,9 Years ago when my first grandchild was born.I made him a baby blanket which he still has....do any of you guys save or make something from those free patterns???

I've made several and I save them IF I like them. I've thrown a lot out.

Like Hummywinger said, most of the companies have them on their websites, so if I like it, I usually print it out - its easier to read that way.

I make it a point anymore to just save the labels with patterns. (Unless I have 6 of the same pattern! LOL!) When I finish a skein I have a folder I slip the labels into.

Katie:cat

I definitely save and use the patterns. When I'm buying yarn, if a couple skeins of the color I want have different patterns, I choose the skein based on whether or not I like and don't have the pattern. Those patterns inspire me and give me an idea for what to make with the yarn.

Yup! Working on the "Simply Shawl" pattern from SS right now! :hook

I STILL have not seen this pattern! :( Tried looking online and no luck there either... :shrug

Tina

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to answer the question -> I save all yarn wrappers too!

Yep, I have have a little "stash" of those and made up many over the years. I'm a pattern ho and keep everything :blush

Yup! Working on the "Simply Shawl" pattern from SS right now! :hook
Me too, it's next on my to do list:clap

Archived