Comfortghan/armwarmers request for sister

chickpea67

As some of you know, my sister tried to take her life yesterday. Thankfully it was unsuccessful as I don't know what I would do without her. She is getting the help that she needs and is being shown how much she is loved and needed by my parents nad her friends. I would like to make her a comfrtghan to remind her daily that she is loved and a valuable part of our lives.

If you are willing, (I realize for religous reasons,some of you may not be), I would like 8 inch hdc squares (would someone tell me how many 8-inchers I'd need to make a normal blanket?) done in black, grey, and hot pink worsted weight acrylic. It can be striped or solid, use one color or all. SC around the outside and weave in your ends, please. I'd like all squares by March 25.

In addition, if you are willing I'd like to also give her some arm warmers to cover her stitches and eventual scars. I realize living with these is something she is going to have to face, but I'd like her to have the option to cover them if she desires. These can be in any color.

PM me for my address.

Thank you to all for your help and support. :manyheart

oh, my!:( she's gonna need lots of :hug ,as are you. i've got a lot going on, but i'll send you at least one square (more if i get time). send me your address, please.

I hope this will be a comfort to her and a reminder for it not to happen again...I have a great Hot Pink color I can make to stand out on the ghan....:cheer

Please PM me your address.....

OH Lord give her lots of :hug:hug!

I will be sending you a couple of squares:hug did i understand you to say that you want them to be done in HDC? is there a pattern you would like for me to use? and 8" with or without the sc border?

Lots of :hug:hug for you also!!

If anyone else would like to help, lots more squares are still needed! I just know how well this will be recieved--she told me yesterday when mom told her what good crocheter I've become she siad "will you make me a blanket? I've always wanted one!" And I laughed at her and said "Since yesterday, when you found out I could crochet?"

I sent 3 squares out the other day. You should be getting them soon. If more is needed let me know. I read your other post about what your sister has tried to do again. My heart is with you and your family. God bless you all.:hug

I saw arm warmers on a new show on 'O2' last Sun. It is for knitters, but the idea will work for crocheters also. You use ribbon yarn such as Incredible by Lion and make two rectangles with a large hook or needles. They described them as the same as making a scarf. When you have the length you need you then sew the long edges together. Take a T'shirt and sew buttons on the sleeve hems and use the loose weave of the warmers to button them on. They are suppose to be a new fashion statement. I will see if I can get a pair done for you. I've been in the same dark place your sister is and yes she will need all the support you can muster. Just knowing that their are so many other people that have these thoughts and that you are not alone or some kind of oddity helps. I will be thinking about your family. Denise

Archived