Kitchen Squares

CrochetCatskills

Again, more grannies, I just love 'em now !!!!! :manyheart

This is a hanging kitchen granny and a hot pad granny both in cotton. One is done in a J hook and the other is in a G.

I think I will give them to MIL, she has been very kind to me recently, more than usual, :hug But I'm just not sure what they can be used for except for hot pots on the counter or table. I don't think to grab a hot pot because I would think your hand or fingers would come thru the holes and get burned..... Any one have any idea's???

th_HPIM0085.jpg

th_HPIM0084.jpg

If you like click for larger photo and thank you for looking.

Cindy

If you double the grannies then they might be thick enough to use as hotpads....I like grannies too...

Yes, I was thinking about using a smaller hook too, that will tighten up the holes, duh :blush:hook

I used to have a hot pad made out of a granny. It was 2 grannies stitched together diagonally except for the top corner. The top corner of the first granny was folded down and tied with a bow. At the top, a ring was stitched in the top granny for the pot holder to hang. It must have been done with a F hook or so because the stitching was tight. I just went looking for it to take a picture and I couldn't find it. (I've moved twice in the last year and it might have gotten lost).I hope I explained it okay. It was really cute. :manyheart

Archived