Got 3 skeins in the mail

I know there was a thread of this discussion but don't remember where . You may move it if you would like. But ......... I sent coats & clark a letter conserning a skein of yarn I had that was not of good quality . They sent me a letter asking that I send them a piece of the yarn and the lable . I did as they asked and heard nothing until yesterday . I come home from work and a box was sitting waiting . I ask dh what is it and he said it's for you .First I thought my secret pal sent me something . Then I saw it was 3 skeins of aran yarn super saver size . Dh says I thought you said you didn't order anything and I told him I didn't . I went on checking the invoice then it hit me . They sent me a courtsey 3 skeins for my trouble with the other yarn that I had . I don't remember it was the aran but thats okay .

th_coatsclark.jpg

th_offerfromcoats.jpg

They also send a offer It is a kit that includes : learn how to crochet or knit instructions

crochet hook or knitting needles if you choose that

1 small practice skein of red heart super saver yarn

2 skeins of red heart super saver yarn in color siera

4 balls of red heart ltd. Foxy in color majesty

yarn needles to finish the project . Says each kit has 4 patterns and enough yarn to make 1 of the 4 projects for the price of $14.95 plus 3.00 handleing which isn't bad deal . Dh asked why would I want a beginners kit . the patters are of a poncho . shrug , shawl and a scarf. It was offered on QVC . If anyone would like the article #'s pm me and maybe you could get the same offer.

It's is nice to find a company that stands behind their product.. I know Coats and Clark who maked Red Heart has been around for ages... Good quality and they do stand behind their products.

Good for you to let them know you had a problem..

:manyheart:hook

How wonderful! That's the first time I've heard of a yarn company doing that. I contacted a different company about some poor quality yarn that I had bought, but I never heard anything back from them. Here's a :tup for Coats & Clark for the extra step they've taken. :U

Oh that is really cool. I like it when companies do this! OT but I compained at applebees.com about a bad dining experience and they sent me a $20 gift card. Horray for good companies :)

Oh, don't you hate it when there's a "bad spot" or 2 in the yarn skein?

One of the things that bugs me the most are those awful Knots! I have to either unknot them or cut them out.

I wrote to Plymouth Yarn Company about a very knotty skein that I bought. It's been about a month and I haven't heard back from them.

Red Heart is a good company and I like their yarns. Their yarns seem to hold up very well to wear and wash nicely. And the price is right.

Good for you!! It's always been said that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I'm glad to hear that they sent you the yarn and so it proves that we shouldn't stay quiet when something bothers us...we must all write to the companies that we are unhappy with!! :hook

That's great to know that Coats & Clark has such a good customer service dept.

I contacted Caron Yarns about a problem I had with some Simply Soft, and they did absolutely nothing about it.

Archived