What could i make?

So sorry to hear about your grandmother....

If she is in ICU, remember that you can't have any gifts in ICU. If she is in PCU in a hospital, there is very little room for gifts at all even though it's allowed.

If none of the above applies, then perhaps a crocheted stuffed bear or a shawl to keep warm in. Maybe some soft slippers for her feet... Hospitals can be very cold. I have always froze in them each time I was there.

www.bevscountrycottage.com

Has very easy slipper patterns....

I hope she gets better soon. My dad had a stroke and it can be very difficult to recover from.:hug

depending on the severity of her stroke, if she is going to be in a wheelchair, or even in bed, perhaps a lapghan would nice... an afghan done in a smaller size so as not to be so cumbersome...

prayers are being sent your way that she makes a good recovery...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I like the idea of a shawl too or a oversized shrug. I was in ICU for pneumonia last Feb for a week. It was Valentine's week and I couldn't have flowers in my room. I got to see them through the window. The hospital had great socks though....

:hug Slippers :hug Socks :hug Bedjacket :hug Face Cloths :hug

Remember to put a washable name label on whatever you send her as she will not be able to do it herself. Include washing instruction too if necessary.

:hug Hope she is doing well.:hug

My mother had a stroke back in Feb 1995 and it has only been in the last couple of years that she has not been able to crochet.

She has had several small strokes over those years and at 90 is quite dependent on othersnow, for all of her care.

She loves visitors, especially her Grandchildren & Great Grandchildren.

:hug You may not want to see her like she is at present but just remember that you will really kick yourself, one day, if you do not make the effort. One day it may be too late.:hug

:hug We all have to do things that we dont like doing but if it makes her happy, you should do it anyway.:hug

I dont mean to tell you what you should do but I know that my husband still kicks himself, 11yrs later, that he did not visit his mum as often than her should have, then one night her got the phone call.

Too late them.

Good luck.

Colleen:hug

A while back I made my mom a capelet to wear in bed when she reads. She liked it because it kept her shoulders and neck warm without having a lot of extra material to get in the way. I also made a similar one for a friend that has cancer. It's more practical than something with arms because of the IV's she has to have in her so often and it's short enough that she doesn't have to worry about it getting in the way of the wheels when she has to be wheeled around in a wheelchair. They both worked up quickly with a chunky yarn and a big hook. I hope you do go see your grandmother. I'm sure it would mean the world to her. I'll pray for her.

I spent waaaaay too much time in the hospital in 2004. I was pregnant and had 5 big surgeries in 6 months. Even when you're drugged, hospitals are boring places to be.

One thing to consider is if she's on IV's or anything like that. Those stupid polls are a pain in the butt to have to drag around with you, and the tubing is always getting caught up in stuff. I always wished I had something to wrap around my shoulders, because hospitals are cold. Just make sure doesn't come down so far her arms that it interferes with the IV.

Other things I would have loved in the hospital would have been a photo album. If you are into scrapbooking, this would be the perfect time to make her a quickie gift album. Or buy one of those 99 cent albums from Michael's, and fill it up with snapshots.

Hope this helps!

Soul2heart,

:think How is your Grandmother doing sicne her stroke?:hug

I sincerely hope she is doing well and that your are OK too.

It is very hard when you are away from family and they are unwell.

I think the idea of a Photo Album is great and another idea is a group photos stuck on card and then laminated. She can then have them on the wall to show off to her visitors and the nurses who are looking after her.

This is what we did for my mum when she went to live in the resthome.

Another idea could be some cards and envelopes with stamps so she can get someone to help her write notes to her friends.

Look after yourself.

Colleen:hug

I think the caplet or shawl is a great idea.

It would not interfer with any medical equipment but would give her some modesty when sitting up in bed.

I also think that a lovely spring flower pin pinned on to her gown would be cheerful.

Hope she is doing better and glad to hear she's in rehab.

Just keep letting her know you love her.

Good luck.

Archived