Stuffed animals with legs and body as one piece...

NeedSleep

Question

4 answers to this question

you can, but its a bit more difficult to do as you have to make sure the stitches match both sides, even, and then stuff as you go, it can be done though cause i have done it with a little lamb i made my niece many years ago.:manyheart

Is it possible to crochet a stuffed animal with legs taht are the same piece as the body? I mean, instead of crocheting them seperately then sewing together. I want to make one that the stuffing goes throughout... make sense?

I have made all of the Winnie the Pooh characters which are all done in the round, so all legs, arms, heads are all worked in the one piece. It involves a lot of increasing and decreasing and keeping track of the rounds. Depending on the size of the toy you are wanting to make, I would probably say for example the level of skill for the ones I made would be advanced. Hope this helps

That's pretty much the way I always do it. I HATE sewing pieces together! :hook Usually, it is a matter of, at the bottom of the torso piece, pinching it together in the center and then crocheting a circle using half that (like left front and left back crocheted together as one, then going back & picking it up later. Another technique I've run across is to finish up the torso, then hold front & back together and crochet it closed. Then you divide that row in half and make a circle for your leg by crocheting in the front loop of half the stitches, then turning to crochet in the back loop of those stitches.

Archived