Wow

As I read the various threads I find myself amazed at the different projects that people are doing and the degree of creativity out there. If you are like me you are likely to be your own worst critic. Still I am impressed. Thanks to you all, it gives me the desire to go on working on making my own craft better.

Brian

I agree. I don't usually comment on finished projects, but I look at them every day. There are many, many beautiful creations, which keeps me motivated, crochet-wise.

I've been inspired to try so many new things..working with wool, felting, then it was dyeing wool, and now..I want to learn to Spin! So many people here at Crochetville have encouraged me and helped me. I feel much more encouraged and motivated to start making things for gifts, or even to sell someday.

Your are right, I am my own worst critic. I am never really happy with what I do, till I post it here and have fellow crocheters, who are true artist, tell me it looks good.

This is the best place in the world for everyone from beginner to artist. It makes you want to keep at it and work harder and enjoy what you are doing.:hook

I am my own worst critic. I see every minute flaw and have to resist the urge to make the piece go away. On the other hand my daughter loves everything I do even if it is a total bust.

You are not alone Brian...I know where every mistake is in my work...and what I have to do is decide when enough is enough and be satisfied...and learn from the mistakes for future projects...this is especially true of things I do that are not crochet related. While I want things to be as excellent as possible, I can't afford to give in to my own personal perfectionism...'cause if I did, nothing would be accomplished, nothing would get started, much less finished...and fortunately most times, people like what I do...to quote Sir Paul McCartney, "You want people to enjoy what you do..." and if they do, then magic was made (even with mistakes...)

Archived