only me?

ginaj

Question

i found a pattern for a vacuum cover and converted it to look like a bear got 3/4 of the way done and got bored.now its sitting in my basket and i can't bring myself to finish.does this happen to everyone or just me?

Funny you mention being a Gemini. My aunt is always making comments how I change the wallpaper on my computer....she thinks it's because of the dual personality!....lol But I am another who has about 6 things sitting around crying to be finished and here I am still looking for new patterns! :eek

LOL! Yes, it is a Gemini trait to get bored easily...or maybe it's because we live in Massachusetts?????:think

You are not alone there...I'm a Taurus on the cusp of Gemini, Side Tracked Home Executive, get bored easily and you don't even wanna know how many WIP's I've got going...fortunately I complete more projects than don't, but sometimes what seems like a good idea at the time just doesn't always work out...or sometimes they just need to "simmer" for a good long while...I just finished some knitting projects from 4 years ago...and even with them, what they were originally suppose to be ended up being modified...a short sleeve cardigan became a sleeveless pull over vest, a piece that was originally suppose to be a sweater for my husband became a small purse...so have no fear...take a break from your project and check back in with it from time to time. My personal rule of thumb is to complete something within 3 years (other people it might be 1 year) but even with my rule I've been known to bend it...

Funny you mention being a Gemini. My aunt is always making comments how I change the wallpaper on my computer....she thinks it's because of the dual personality!....lol But I am another who has about 6 things sitting around crying to be finished and here I am still looking for new patterns! :eek

Oh gosh, I am a Gemini and I get bored so easily that I have at least 3 WIPS going and rotate among them. Right now I have 2 tops that need weaving in and sewing, a shawl, a tank, a bolero jacket and I am 2 rows away from finishing a capelet.

They all have differeing levels of complexity so I can work on whichever project fits my mood:)

Heaven's no! I think we all do that from time to time! Especially with tedious, long projects. I was making the "Old Glory Afghan" and finally put it away last year. I couldn't work on it anymore. Way too big and too tedious. I'll pick it back up again this year sometime. You're normal! (At least by Crochetville standards!) :lol:lol

Archived