Itch to Stitch Party

I said I would tell how it went...

I had my first "ITCH TO STITCH" party. (Since I announced it in the women's group at church, it sure couldn't be a "Stitch and Bitch" party!) Eight ladies came and several more wanted to but couldn't on the particular night it was held. It was sooo fun! :yay

Everyone was excited to be there. There were four crocheters, one knitter, one doing some hand sewing, and two cross-stitchers. Everyone said they loved it and couldn't wait until next month. One elderly lady said she had been working on her cross-stitch piece for six years. She said she was glad to be motivated and enjoyed it so much. I didn't work on anything, as I was helping a newbie crocheter with her first non-rectangle piece. :hook

I scrubbed my house and kitchen til it shone and set out tons of lights. (I was worried about it being dark since it was held in the evening. I served fruit smoothies made from all fruit and fruit juice in beautiful stemware glasses. (I have a VitaMix machine, so that was easy to prepare!). The ladies loved and appreciated the elegant and healthy snack. I suggested we keep snacks down to a minimum or not at all -- to protect our projects from sticky fingers, and they agreed.

Some of their neighbors and friends are asking to join the group since they have heard about it--cool. If it continues to grow, we will make a morning one as well as an evening one, since the biggest complaint was some of the older ladies hate going out at night. For right now, it will stay at my house, but others said they could help out in the futue. (Nice!)

I think it was a great success!

We discussed combining orders for yarn and supplies to save on shipping and for getting discounts...show and tell....and pattern swapping. It was super.

Sounds like it was a great success!!! I get together once a month with several ladies from work and do something similar....although I am the only dedicated crafty person, so it often turns into a gossip session by the rest, with me working madly away on whatever project (s) I brought with me that night! I would love to have a group like yours where there is more interest in the actual crafting!

Thats fantastic! I had a similar party a few weeks ago with firneds of mine I knew were artsy and it was fabulous. People seems so exctied about these things..there should be so many more of them!

That was why I posted my info on them, hoping others will start groups too. :hook

I get together with a group of ladies roughly once a month. It started out as a "scrapbooking" night, but a few of us don't scrapbook. I would bring my crochet stuff and the other lady would bring either knitting projects or lap quilting projects. Now that the lady that hosts the night is not selling scrapbooking stuff anymore it has turned into a monthly "craft" night. I absolutely love getting together with these ladies to see what they are working on. It's also nice to get away for the house;) . I think everyone should have a group like this. It keeps us all sane!

That's great. Thanks for sharing. I've been planning on getting the neighbor gals together so your input is very helpful!

This is so nice to see Crocheters, Knitters, Sewers and Cross Stitchers get together and get along.

I remember growing up and my Mom going to simular get togethers. They would meet once a month at a different house. Don't know how they managed it, but Christmas:ctree was always at our house.

Anyway, my Mom always called them the grils as she was the youngest at 40 and the oldest was 70. Use to laugh :rofl at the terms girls, not any more.

My point is that they all did something different. They had knitters, crocheters, sewers, cross stitchers, needlepointers and the ever amazine tatters. They always seemed to have a good time and there was lots of laughing. It is nice to see this going on again.

Good luck with you group and glad to hear about all those who still want to come.:hook

Archived