Counting Stitches

lrguyer

Question

13 answers to this question

I actually ran into a set of stitch markers at Michaels. I got like 20 in a package of different colors. They are little round things with a nob at one end so it don't slide all the way of the stitch and the other end has a pointed edge. I love them. I used to use another piece of yarn too, But i found it was kind of a hassle.

They can be used for that, but also, they're great for marking stitches you need to be able to see, like your first and or last stitch. I've used them when making a very long chain, putting a marker in every 25th or 50th stitch so I don't have to count so many if I loose my place. They can be used for a lot of things. Very handy little tools.

What are yall talking about? Are you talking out when you are taking a break and instead of leaving the neddle in you use those.

I use the little plastic one that look like fat safety pins. I mainly use them to keep track of rows for increasing and decreasing in sweaters.

Small safety pins, but may go to bobby pins to see if that's easier.

I use them mainly when crocheting in a spiral or counting rows-putting one about every 10th row but never thought about using them in the foundation chain, that is a good idea :yay

I use safety pins. I've never tried bobby pins. I think that would work well as long as the little rubber tips don't get messed up. I tried stitch markers and they always caught on my stitches so I stopped.

I use the safety pins for many things. Particularly lately I use them for counting rows when I am making strips and they all need to have the same number of rows.

I have also used them when joining those strips, putting one pin on each strip, them moving it down. The pin should be at the same place on each strip to keep them even. If you are using sc, however, you can just match the little hump on the end of the row and that should keep you on track.

I digress. LOL

So my answer is safety pins.

Archived