Nanny McPhee

CLLinda

I saw Nanny McPhee with my son yesterday. It is a delightful movie. It has a lot of funny things in it.

The crochet sighting was the afghan on little Chrissy's bed. All the kids sleep in one room, and they all have patchwork quilts to keep them warm. On Chrissy's bed, she had a granny square afghan as her top blanket. It was made in all different colors and very well made. It had red, brown, green and blue in it.

When I saw it, I knew I had to post. Enjoy the movie. It's a Mary Poppins with a twist. Emma Thompson is great in it.

Linda:manyheart

I want to see this movie...I've seen clips of it on Jay Leno when he had Emma and Colin on...

And kudos to them for having an afghan in it...

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Nanny McPhee as well and the sight of that quilt has inspired me to learn to crochet. Is there a pattern for the quilt that was in the movie? Or does anyone have a photo of it? The colors were gorgeous!

newbie-

Welcome moosh!

If you are getting started with crochet, you certainly came to the right place! If you ever need help on anything, don't be afraid to post a question, there'a a wealth of knowlegde here, and it's all at your fingertips :hook

Is there a pattern for the quilt that was in the movie? Or does anyone have a photo of it? The colors were gorgeous!

Granny squares are easy to make and often the starting point for many crocheters. Here's a couple patterns for them. Small and Large . Once you learn the mechanics of making them, choosing your colors to make one that pleases you is the fun part! :hook

Granny squares are a great way to start to learn crochet. If you need help, just write on this website and someone can walk you through the project.

There are also many books about granny squares, so find a good one and start your project.

Good luck.

Linda:cheer

Archived