Bulky Sweater - Can't see the whole pattern

donnalynn2

Question

I love this pattern and want to add it to my "to do" list but the buttons on the bottom of the page overlap on the last line or 2 of the pattern. Maybe it's just my computer settings. Is it just me or can anyone else see the entire pattern?

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

It is the same on my computer, but I viewed the source code and was able to copy this:

"Collar: Attach yarn at either shoulder seam. Work in pat around neck opening, work ch 1, sc pat around. Join with slip st to form rounds. Ch 1, turn. Keeping to ch 1, sc pat, work collar in rounds for approximately 6 inches, or desired length. Six inches will allow a flip over collar similar to a turtle neck."

You don't necessarily need the source code. If you (CTRL + S {select all}, then CTRL + C {copy}) then open your word processor and (CTRL + V {paste}) then all of the text will be there. Your margin may end up a little wonky, but if you play around in your margins (found in 'page setup' under the file menu) you should be able to fix it.

I don't know about other web browsers, I use IE and under View Menu is View Source Code. It opens all the webpage formatting into a text file. Unfortunately, unless you are familiar with html code, it can be hard to find the text in all the code, but it is doable and all there.

Some site block this function, but not many.

I found that when I went to that page, the bottom was covered by the buttons, as you mentioned. but all I did was go up to "view" on my toolbar, and decrease the text size, which made the whole pattern viewable, with the buttons placed correctly below. So maybe you just need a smaller "view" size for that page.

Lene'

Lene, that's what I had done too when I wanted to print this pattern. It so much simpler to just decrease the text than to copy/paste or view the source code then have to write it down. Not that it's that much work just an easier way & faster.

Well, I know it seems easier to me simply because I'd never even have thought to look for the source code. :lol Now that I do know about it, though, I'll try that if my other tricks fail me. (And if *all* else fails, I always depend on my hubby and son to bail me out -- it's wonderful to live with computer geeks.)

Lene'

I just tested it with the pattern link Donna posted and it worked for me. What I often do is right-click on the page and from the mouse menu pick "select all", right-click again and "copy", then I open up an email composition window (mine is set to compose in html mode, I use the Mozilla full suite of programs) and paste the page in there. The last paragraph is viewable above the buttons where it should be.

I save a lot of the free patterns I want by pasting them into emails and sending them to myself, and often wonky formating will automatically correct itself with no extra effort on my part! Just want to mention, though - if you do this, don't forget to save the link with the pattern. There may be times you'll still want to go back to the original page, and it's a major hastle to find it again if you forget that link! Speaking from experience... :blush

Archived