Help identifying stitches

Jill in IL

Question

I'm very new at crochet, and am looking to recreate some items that a great aunt made in the 40s/50s as a learning tool. This particular photo is from an eBay item similar to one I used to own, so I can't crochet from the actual item. Does this particular pattern have a name, or can anyone tell me what these stitches are (I think I can follow along from the photo).

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

scallop.jpg

8 answers to this question

looks like shell design where you do a number of trebles together in one stitch but you would probably call them dc as i am in england i know them as trebles. not seen the pattern before but it is very pretty :hook

totally not weird! we have a family photo like that... first it was me in this awful hat my dad has, then my oldest daughter...next will be the youngest...she's gotta get to the right age...the 1st 2 photos were hard to tell apart!

Thank you for all your help, ladies. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this stuff! Heheh, glad you enjoyed the photo of my son - we were replicating a similar picture of my sisters some 30 years earlier! :lol Yeah, we're weird.

Archived