What is the newest fashion etc. in Crochet

Beads in crochet? What I've been doing for years? You mean I'm actually in style for a change? *faints*

:hook

Well you realise Rachel that crochet as a whole is like totally in fashion right now...which makes me want to faint because I'm basically in style for a change too...

The new issue of Crochet! mag actually had several crocheting with beads projects...I'm still relatively new to working with beads in crochet, but I'm loving it all...

Southern Calif. here ...what ya see a lot of here in crochet and knit fashions are Shrugs very very big. Very popular in all the fashionable shops.

Ponchos the new fashionable ones (the 60's and 70's look is out- out!) done with the new metalic, furry -or multi colored textured yarns. Shawls done with the fancy threads and even with beaded designs on them. And still some furry scarfs which are more of a fashion statement here. These are all worn by young and older alike !!

Legwarmers are something that I thought I would not see again, I just love legwarmers:yay

Here are some that I designed at the beginning of January for a yarn company. I don't know when the pattern is going to be published but as soon as I find out I'll let you know. :bounce

th_stripedlegwarmers.jpg

Not yet anyway...give it time, eventually the leg warmers will at least be in Northern California...I know, I used to have leg warmers in Northern California...

Here are some that I designed at the beginning of January for a yarn company. I don't know when the pattern is going to be published but as soon as I find out I'll let you know. :bounce

th_stripedlegwarmers.jpg

Nice...

Being from the "Flashdance" era of the early 80's, I love my legwarmers. Wish I had kept all my old ones, but it gives me something to do now, I guess.

Shrugs are cute, but are for people of shape - not us fat folks. I prefer something that covers (rather than accentuates) my less than perfect form.

Hats and scarves are always "in" - and the novelty yarns just feed that fad. Can make some really cool stuff like my 17yo daughter's hot pink fun fur scarf. She actually WEARS it.

Never was into ponchos, tho I have 2 to my credit that I never wear. Waste of time and yarn.

Personally, I am into things like hoodies and Vrya's car coat and other tops (even tho she is like a size 2 and I am *ahem* slightly larger)

I, for one, LOVE ponchos! But I like the stylish ones, like the wine colored V-stitch one I am wearing today! And, my all time favorite, the "posh poncho" by Mrs. Who! LOVE that one.

"Cool Crochet" has some beautiful tops and I would consider them very fashionable. Getting by the funky gauges is a challenge but the looks are so cool it's worth it:)

Archived