Now that i have one, what to put in it?

jimbo

Blog that is. Last night i just took off willy nilly writing half a book in my brand spanking new blog (thanks to dear friends), all about my folks and our ranch up on the crick, and all of a sudden it occurred to me that, duh, i could be boring folks to tears here, so i "frogged" it and sat pondering.

Mind you, i know i can put pretty much whatever i feel like in there, but i'd still like it to be interesting and entertaining, captivating and compelling to a good cross-section of readers. I want you to laugh and cry and have it become part of you. I want it to be Bogalicious.

Right.. ok..i'll settle for just something that will bring folks back from time to time, with enough there to create interest and perhaps make some hooks for folks in the process.

All this begs the question: What do people who visit blogs want to see? In my case i'm hoping its my hooks, but i see that lots of other blogs have a sort of day-to-day diary, politico/social commentary, philosophical insights, etc that may or may not go along with whatever the primary or secondary purpose is in selling goods or services (if any are involved).

So, generally speaking:

What do you want/like to see in a blog?

What I have found is the blogs where one blogs as if they are talking to their friends about their life etc those seem to be the blogs I am pulled to.

I blog about everything and nothing.

From you I would love to read the stories. Progress on your cabin, hooks etc Oh and of course a post of two about your crochet work;)

Most importantly is it is your blog. Blog what you want becasue you can NEVER EVER please everybody!

I'd love to see something about how you got into wood carving! Plus, it would be great if you had some kind of information about how we go about getting one of your wonderful creations... General price range..etc.

What you have so far looks great!:cheer

Jimbo, I really like the look and content of your blog. I do have one suggestion, though. I have viewed it on 3 different monitors at 2 different locations, and color you chose for the font (gold/brown) is difficult to read on all 3, with difficulty varying from "you really have to look closely", to "nearly impossible to read". I realize that this might be something in the settings at each computer, but I don't have trouble seeing most other sites. If all 3 of these computers have problems, there are probably many more. It might be a good idea to think of chainging this color to a much lighter color to contrast with the black. JMHO.

hmmmmmmm... not sure how to change that. It shows up on my screen as white background, black letters. Wierd.

I appreciate all your suggestions and will try to incorporate as much as i can. There's plenty to talk about and hopefully i can keep it entertaining and go in directions that'r not boring or outa line (too much :devil ).

Archived