Valentine Bag...

eurolyons

Wanted to show off the Valentine bag that I made 3 of last night...

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZuHDlwyati2

47b6df36b3127cce96e5d1ec764200000015108BZuHDlwyao

The pattern is from Hooked on Crochet! February 2006 issue, page 16. Materials used were Caron Jewel Box chenille...believe it or not, I did sew beads on this, you might be able to see 2 of the 6 beads...they blend in soooo well...:lol The white yarn was Red Heart Baby Yarn...I liked it better than going for the cotton because it has silver looking threads running through it...

This was a fun pattern to do, even my husband thought they were cute...

I did one big change to the pattern, I changed the handle from a straight chain stitch to a chain 3, *2 dcs in 3rd chain from hook, chain 3, turn, and repeat from * about 30 clusters to make the handle...thought it looked more interesting...

I'm gonna end up making several of these bags...at least 3 more (for the friend who received my cat clock and for her daughters) and for some other friends as well...and yes, even one for me...:lol

Hi Hounddog, Vashon Island is in the lower part of Puget Sound, in Washington State...the island is some 30 odd square miles...the northern part of the island where our house is is closer to Seattle and the southern part is closer to Tacoma...there are two ferry docks... and no bridges...so you have to take a ferry to either Seattle or Tacoma or Port Orchard (on the Olympic Penisula, west part of the state) respectively...population is about 10,000 to 15,000 depending on the season and a serious portion of that population commutes off island...it's beautiful...John Ratzenburger (Cliffy from Cheers, voice of Ham, the pig on Toy Story, etc.) has or had property there, along with a few other celebs...

That's where Vashon is...but I'm, at this very moment, right outside of Heidelberg in Germany...

Thanks for the information Vashon Island sounds like an interesting place do they allow cars on the island?

Oh most definately, because quite frankly one would have a hard time getting around the island otherwise...the ferries are car ferries, but there are also passenger ferries as well...they are mainly used for commuter trips from the island to downtown Seattle...the car ferries go to West Seattle...

God I miss home...

Archived