CGOA Conference in July 2006

Roli

I went last year for the first time and had a great time. ... Spent way too much money but it was worth it. I don't plan on missing it this year. I've already signed up for two classes and have a room reserved in the hotel. Plus... I already know what I want to buy this year!!!! I can't wait.....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm eager too!

I read Crochet with Dee's blog this morning and she had a great suggestion on making up a three ring binder for each class so that you are ready to put in handouts from the classes. She also puts in the homework assignments and other information about the class.

• 4 weeks later...

That is a great idea!

I just bought the Crochetville tote and ringer tee so I'll be easy to identify. :P

I'm really looking forward to this! :clap

I should probably get started on my homework sometime soon. :blush

Roli, thanks for being the unofficial coordinator of this. I do hope we can have a nice tableful of Villagers at the dinner. It's going to be a wonderful experience...learning in classes, drooling over fibers, meeting new friends...I can't wait!

Artemis

Me too, me too! I'm saying this now because I can't always get on here and don't want to miss the post for signing up for the dinner. But I'm already registered to attend it so count me in! ;)

Here we are, approaching the conference and I CAN'T CROCHET! :yellMy wrist is still in a brace and hurts worse than when I first injured it two months ago. I will see the doc next Wednesday but I might not even be able to do my homework to prepare for the conference. Perhaps I'll just be able to sit in class, trying to take notes in my cramped little script.:( Oh well, I can still go and spend money!:clap

I CAN'T CROCHET! :yellMy wrist is still in a brace and hurts worse than when I first injured it two months ago.

What?!? :eek

Did we know you injured your wrist? What happened? I'm so sorry to hear this.

Let us know what the doctor says. We need to get you back in shape!

It's so annoying, Artemis. I was working on the dog bone mat found here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12855&highlight=bone

and I was using 3 strands of Homespun :yarn and a Q hook. I could tell that my wrist was hurting but I wanted to finish the project. Then, in pain, I made that crocheted candle holder for Mother's Day: http://www.wolfcrochet.com/page5.html

By the time I had finished it, I couldn't move my wrist. I've been wearing this brace day and night ever since and now I can't imagine what a doctor will do that I haven't already done. It's my own stupid fault, I know.:yes

Roli,

So sorry to hear about your wrist! But perhaps it will clear up soon with all of us wishing on that for you.

I am coming too, although I haven't chosen my classes yet. I know a lot of them are sold out already, but I am suer I will be able to luck into something. Not sure if I am coming Thursday night or Friday morning since my daycare just got fouled up, but I will get there eventually.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Mary Beth

Great Mary Beth! Watch this space in a couple of weeks when I'll be doing a head-count to see who is going. We'll all try to meet somewhere.:)

I am coming too. Not sure if I am coming Thursday night or Friday morning .

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Mary Beth

Glad you are coming, Mary Beth!

Looks like I am coming without my husband, so I will need to make plane reservations to fly to PA. He's having back surgery on June 19th and the doctor said a three day car ride is not what he needs! He will be mobile and self sufficient by mid-July, so I can still come. My husband knows it's the highlight of my summer!

I, too, am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Oh Artemis, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. It's always nice to have hubbers along when coming to a strange city. I hope that he has a speedy recovery and will be able to manage things on his own while you are away.:yes

Archived