A book NOT to get

SheCrochets

I recently checked out Family circle easy sweaters : 50 knit and crochet projects from my library. I got it home, eagerly cracked it open... and was immediately disappointed. Now, perhaps my expectations were too high. I mean, in a book CALLED knit AND crochet, wouldn't you expect there to be BOTH knit and crochet projects? Perhaps split in a 50/50 ratio? Or at least 60/40? But instead, in this book of 50 patterns, exactly 3 were for crochet!! THREE! Yes, some of the knit patterns also used crochet, but I didn't count those. So, I will be returning this dud... though I am glad I didn't actually buy it! :lol

Wow! Did we see the same book? I checked this out of my library last month and loved it! I saw more than 3 crochet patterns in it! There were more for knit than crochet, but there were several crochet patterns listed.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder...

Really? :think I admit to being a little under the weather lately... maybe I should take another peek at it! :) Or maybe it was a different edition/year with a similar title? If so, I want yours! :lol

I have seen at least three differnt versions of that book between two differnt libraries, and the book stores. ( I love to drool over books in teh book store, though I usually didn't buy any of them. ) I don't know if it's differnt years or what .... the Covers were differnt and some of hte projects were, too. But, I've never seen the differnt version next to each other so I couldn't tell them apart if I tried.

I checked out a book from my library recently, Beautiful Crochet Sweaters by Patricia Bevans. It is mostly sweaters but there are some cardigans too. I haven't seen another book with such lovely patterns. I highly recommend this one, you won't be disappointed.

SQ

I have not been impressed with any of the Family Circle books, so I'm not too surprised. The toys one had about two crochet projects out of all of them, and those weren't even very good. Any anyone who crochets knows how easy it is to make 3D objects in crochet!

I checked out a book from my library recently, Beautiful Crochet Sweaters by Patricia Bevans. It is mostly sweaters but there are some cardigans too. I haven't seen another book with such lovely patterns. I highly recommend this one, you won't be disappointed.

SQ

I just checked on line and my library has this book...but it is out until January 24. I think I may put a hold on it. Thanks for the heads up.:hook

That's pretty much the reason I don't touch anything with the term "knit and crochet" in the title. Crocheting always gets shortchanged. :hook There's a book I think is called From Vintage to Vogue or something of the sort that is reprints of patterns from old Workbasket magazines. And 90% of the patterns in it are knit, which I found pretty odd considering that the huge stack of Workbaskets I looked through at my MIL's house a couple of years ago were overwhelmingly crochet.

Archived