DO YOU FILET? HELP WITH THREAD COLOR

dbriese

Hello Ladies: You are always so helpful. I am going to a filet to frame for my living room I want it to stand out when framed. BLACK THREAD ON WHITE BACKROUND? or reverse? has anyone worked with a thread that really stands out or is it the backround? Thanks for all your help Dee

I would do white on black. I've done a few very dark colors (navy and black) and the thread seems thinner, somehow, and very different to work with. [it must be the dye process because I've also found the same thing with darker colored wools as well.] And, anyway, there is something so crisp and classic about a really white thread piece.

Have fun with your project!

I like the lighter color threads with a dark background, I would pick a color from your living room and then find the darkest shade I could find in that color. As for the thread again consider your decor. Would a cream or an ecru look best over white or vice verse. You want your time and energy to look special, so make it a part of the room and not just something that dropped in.

I have done several name doilies for friends and I ususally use white or ecru then take my finished piece to the fabric store to find the "perfect" background for it.

I don't know if anyone else uses fabric for the backing but I like it.

I can't really afford to have my pieces professionally framed~so this all works well for me!

mgf~:frog

Archived