DID YOU KNOW>>>>

Jimmie Lu

now this is for my state tax so I can not promise its for every state.

In the state of PA where there is no sales tax on clothes if you are buyiny yarn for the purpose of making clothes(blankets sweaters scarfs and hats etc..) You should not be paying sales tax. So when you are at your craft store mention to the checker that the yarn you are purchasing shold be non taxable due to you are making clothing!!!:hook

Hey save a few pennies here and there and you can buy more YARN!!!!

Here in Florida there is either a 6 or 7% sales tax on everything, depending on what county you live in. Now we save on sales tax, when we buy most places on line and the best savings is when it is free shipping.

Also, another saving on sales tax (not crochet related), is if you want to purchase a treadmill, stationary bike or any other exercise equipt., get you Dr. to say it is health related, they do not charg tax. Found that out when we bought our treadmill last year.

Just a thought. Still trying to figure out how to exercise and crochet at the same time.:hook

Wow!! I live in Ontario, Canada where most things are subject to a whopping total of 15% tax (most exceptions are "necessary items"). Even if we order something from another province/state it's taxed ... its great to get a package in the mail & have to pay duty & taxes on its declared value before you even get to touch it. I must tho there are special exemptions for items are for re-sale, governmant use or purchased by Native Canadians. But mostly I get stuck paying the full 15% - argh!! Enjoy the tax-free-stuff whenever you can!

Fran

• 1 month later...

I used to work in PA and found their taxes on purchases difficult to decipher as a sales clerk. No taxes on over the counter drugs, but there was taxes on vitamins. Bibles could be taxed, but not magazines. Acne OTC medication not taxed, but acne cleaning pads were taxed. Buttons weren't taxed unless they were too large for clothing. Toilet paper not taxed, but paper towels were taxed. Infant bibs weren't taxed (it's clothing) but a swaddling blanket was taxed (could be used as a blanket by another household member and therefore not clothing)

I remember vividly my first day at Sun Drug having to ask the manager if there was taxes on prophylactics. (And that's the word I used because that was printed on the box.) Poor embarassed customer. Not like today where most things can be scanned and automatically calculated for taxes.

now this is for my state tax so I can not promise its for every state.

In the state of PA where there is no sales tax on clothes if you are buyiny yarn for the purpose of making clothes(blankets sweaters scarfs and hats etc..) You should not be paying sales tax. So when you are at your craft store mention to the checker that the yarn you are purchasing shold be non taxable due to you are making clothing!!!:hook

Hey save a few pennies here and there and you can buy more YARN!!!!

I would gladly swap any of you for your sales tax! I have to pay VAT (value added tax) on all of my purchases here in Belgium, and if I remember correctly it is about 23%, and even higher in some European countries!!! :eek If I spend over 100 euros in one shop, at one time I can get a tax back form, but I have to be leaving the EU within 1 month for it to be valid for the refund! I try to buy as much as I can in the US and bring it back with me each trip!

Here in Florida there is either a 6 or 7% sales tax on everything, depending on what county you live in. Now we save on sales tax, when we buy most places on line and the best savings is when it is free shipping.

Also, another saving on sales tax (not crochet related), is if you want to purchase a treadmill, stationary bike or any other exercise equipt., get you Dr. to say it is health related, they do not charg tax. Found that out when we bought our treadmill last year.

Just a thought. Still trying to figure out how to exercise and crochet at the same time.:hook

Get yourself a recumbent bike you could crochet and peddle at the same time ;)

Get yourself a recumbent bike you could crochet and peddle at the same time ;)
Let me tell you....it works! Errr....ummm....not that I would know or anything, because there is NO way I would crochet at the gym.....yeah.....thats right :lol

Archived