Christmas Crochet

It must have been the trend this year for gifts! My stepmom made 2 black scarves for my husband and my 4yo. A teeny tiny chenille-like varigated scarf for my baby, a red scarf done with Disco for me, 2 green and gold disco scarves for my eldest and second oldest boys! They are all wonderful! What about you all? Did you get any crocheted goodies?

Nobody is feeding my addiction. When my daughter asked what I wanted for Christmas, I told her a gift card to Hobby Lobby, she said, "pick something else Mom."

Of course she is helping me use up my stash :lol She "had" to have a new scarf to go with blue jeans which I finished up today before she left to go back to college. And she picked out some white sparkly yarn from my stash that she "needs" to have a scarf made of for New Years. :lol :lol :lol

Yay - I got crochet stuff! My Mom gave me three skeins of a fun fur like yarn, a book on making crocheted teddy bears (it features a different bear for each month of the year) and an assortment of those little pattern pamphlets that have 4 or 5 patterns in them.

Spoiled indeed. :clap

April

My hubby got me a new crochet hook. :hook It's a Clover Soft Touch in a size E (3.5 mm, I think). So I can finally use that size hook without hurting my fingers!

It's amazing what kids "need", huh?

Yay - I got crochet stuff! My Mom gave me three skeins of a fun fur like yarn, a book on making crocheted teddy bears (it features a different bear for each month of the year) and an assortment of those little pattern pamphlets that have 4 or 5 patterns in them.

Spoiled indeed. :clap

April

What a lucky lady!!

Okay, just got a late Christmas box from my sis, and she included 4 skeins each of two different ribbon yarns. I haven't worked with that yet, so it'll be a good challenge. And since she knew our mom taught me to knit this summer, she included 3 pairs of knitting needles in various sizes. Patty

My Dh always spoils me rotten. But He would rather give me something I would really use than a lot of things I would let sit. I think I will keep him. :hug

He got me the Crochet Stitch Bible, Harmony Guides 300 Crochet Stitches and the 220 Crochet Stitches, The crochet a day Calendar, 6 balls of Cebelia crochet thread in sizes 20 and 30, A new set of scissors ( Oh these are beautiful ) A cutting table with the cover, {Going to see about setting it up to block my doilies and runner on. Just need a little more padding on it.} Then a good friend made me the most glorious crochet hook case out of burled wood, (It is just awesome. ) I posted pictures of that in the hooks and gadgets forum.

For me it was a great crochet Christmas. I feel positively spoiled

Archived