Dot's Wimple doubles as a what????

I just had to share this with everyone!

I made one of Dot's wimples for my mom for Christmas and as I was packing it I kept thinking "she won't have any idea what this is." So I called this morning to wish them a Merry Christmas and she thanked me for my present. I asked her if she knew what it was and she said "Yes, it's a lovely tank top!" :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I could have died laughing! When I explained what it actually was she was excited! Thought you could all use a little holiday cheer... Anyone make someone a present and they didn't know what it was???

Way too funny.

Your Mom is such a hoot!

I haven't been able to get through to the grandkids yet but who knows what will come out of their mouths when they get their grandma gifts!! Wish I could have been with them this year.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Save me some pie!!;)

I had told my mother I was making her some potholders for the kitchen, and I decided to send some dishcloths for her,too. About a year later we were talking, and I was telling her I was making a set of dishcloths for someone. She said 'I guess you could do that (make dishcloths)'. Sadly, I told her I HAD made her a set, didn't she like them? Seriously, I was in tears. She goes OH! She thought the dishcloths were sad little potholders, too thin to use! She'd politely put them in her drawer but never pulled them out for use! I told her what they really were for and she was all excited. I'd even picked the same colors usually found in the dish cloths she buys.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, actually this Christmas I made my niece (who is almost 2) a purse. It was a narrow bucket shape with a strap - the sides were knit, the round bottom and strap crocheted, and it was decorated with a crocheted flower. I thought it obviously looked like a little bag, but they put it on her head because they thought it was a hat!! :P

I had told my mother I was making her some potholders for the kitchen, and I decided to send some dishcloths for her,too. About a year later we were talking, and I was telling her I was making a set of dishcloths for someone. She said 'I guess you could do that (make dishcloths)'. Sadly, I told her I HAD made her a set, didn't she like them? Seriously, I was in tears. She goes OH! She thought the dishcloths were sad little potholders, too thin to use! She'd politely put them in her drawer but never pulled them out for use! I told her what they really were for and she was all excited. I'd even picked the same colors usually found in the dish cloths she buys.

Aren't mom's great? :manyheart That's something my mother would do actually :lol Course my mother still uses the afghans I made when I was twelve... all 3 of them in brown, orange and yellow :eek and shows them off to everyone as well :blush and still wears the first poncho I made her (sans pattern) and I look at it now and think OMG... :blush

You just gotta love mom's :manyheart

Archived