Cebelia

origami

Someone here, I don't know who, mentioned that they found thread crochet a LOT easier when they decided to get some Cebelia thread. I did that and I have to say that I am finding it easier with this thread. There's just something about it. Anyway, I still haven't actually MADE anything but I am finding that I am more confident. So far I have just kind of played with the hooks and thread but am really ready to do a project. I just have to find the right one now. :hook

Yes the right thread can make a world of difference.:dance I love the DMC Threads .:manyheart They are my first choice if at all possible.

Welcome to the world of Thread. :D I must warn you it can be addicting.

I am looking forward to seeing your first thread piece.:hook

My first serious foray into thread crochet was with Cebelia... and I loved it!! It was really easy to work with - I'd previously tried some size 3 that kept splitting, and I had no such problems with the Cebelia. Plus, it's nice and tight and shiny - looks great all worked up...

Okay, after reading this thread and getting several doily pattern books from my sissy for my birthday and more for Christmas I decided to try this. It is an awesome thread in all ways, but one.

Where in the blue-blazes do I find the approximate yardage on these little skeins?????

All the patterns give approximate yardage used/needed for thread, but this is the only brand that I have seen only the weight an not an approximate yardage. I got a couple of skeins on clearance at Hobby Lobby for a little doily or two, but don't know how little I need to go as I have no clue as to how much cebelia there is.

I do not know why they quit putting the yardage on the new balls of thread. I wrote down for my own reference the yardage for each size off of some old balls I had.

DMC Cebelia Crochet Thread

3-cord, 50 gram balls, 3 sizes Size 10- 284 yds (259 m), Size 20- 415 yds (379 m), Size 30-569 yds (520 m)

I suggest you file that away for future reference

Hope this helps you.

Archived