Ooooh, my AMEX bill is gonna be BIG!

Hi everyone. I am so enamored of my new hobby I have ordered yarn, hooks, etc. from Jo-Ann every week for 4 weeks!

I have yarn for: a sweater, many scarves and ponchos (some with next Xmas in mind)in many colors, dishcloths and potholders, a tank top and capelet.

And I will still have loads of yarn because I odered a bunch "just because".:devil

My credit card bill is gonna be HUGE!

But I see yarn and it's like I can't help myself! I need 12 steps!

Please tell me this will pass!

lol, well, if you stay away from the websites...maybe. :)

I have that problem with ebay. There are so many good deals!!!

What types of yarn did you get?

Oh, if you are going to get yarn, you may want to check this website out. I don't buy from Joanns online much because it is expensive.

www.smileysyarns.com

Have fun with the yarn!!

Amber

lol, well, if you stay away from the websites...maybe. :)

I have that problem with ebay. There are so many good deals!!!

What types of yarn did you get?

Oh, if you are going to get yarn, you may want to check this website out. I don't buy from Joanns online much because it is expensive.

www.smileysyarns.com

Have fun with the yarn!!

Amber

Whoa! They have GREAT prices! Thank you so much for the link.

I got Woolease sport weight in dark rose for the sweater. Red Heart simply soft in: grape, wine (I LOVE the wine), toast and I forget what else, a pound of sugar and cream in white, and lots and lots of TLC cotton plus. I made a scarf and am working on a shawl in the cotton plus and really like it. The light blue is soooo pretty so I had to get the pink too!!!!!!!! And the yellow. And the tan. And of course more black.

I also got 4 balls of Lion fun fur, 2 in ivory and 2 in pink.

I know there is more but I can't remember. I expect a package this week and another next week and then I am done! I hope.

So far in my adventure (just since Thanksgiving) I have made 4 scarves (all different) for presents and one hat for me, working on shawl still. I think I have enough to keep me going a looooong while!

Oh the obsession will die down but it won't go away completely. It's terrible at first though. You should see the amount of yarn I acquired my first 3 months crocheting. After a year I'm down to only buying yarn if I have a specific project in mind for it. Of course that doesn't mean I'll actually complete that project, it just means I have an excuse to buy yarn...:lol

I'm just the opposite. When I first started crocheting I always only bought what I needed. Now that my obsession has been revived I just keep needing more and more! The problem is that those of us that are thrifty have to buy when there is a sale, whether or not we plan on making something right away. Which slowly spirals until you are a stash-aholic.

Unfortunately, you will go crazy now buying stuff-hold off a while, and then really start buying all the specialty yarns, etc. No, it doesn't get better, you just get to be more of a "yarn snob" and end up buying less yarn, just spending more. There could be worse things-my family has adjusted.

I'm just the opposite. When I first started crocheting I always only bought what I needed. Now that my obsession has been revived I just keep needing more and more! The problem is that those of us that are thrifty have to buy when there is a sale, whether or not we plan on making something right away. Which slowly spirals until you are a stash-aholic.

Yup, thats me! If I had tried to write it, I would have just messed it up, so I just quoted.

Archived