Dolphins Pillow 1st side completed!

donnalynn2

Ok, this is my first time doing something like this and although you can see some of the yarn that was held throughout stitches, from a distance, it's not bad! I'm pretty pleased with it!

Ok, the question is, how should I add rows to make it the right size to go over a pillow form?? Should I do it in rounds or what??? I'm not sure if I'll have time to do the back in Dan Marino's number or not. If not, I'll just do SC's in the cream color... Also, for the trim around the pillow, do you think I should do a row of Green, then orange then cream or just do cream? Thanks for any suggestions!!!

dhpillow1.jpg

that looks great. where'd you find the chart for it? I've been looking for a philly eagles chart, w/ no luck.

I ended up making it myself. At first I put the logo into Knitpro but it came back without enough detail so I put the same pic into my plastic canvas creator and VOILA! If you want, find a pic of the logo you want to use (make sure it's not a tiny thumbnail), e-mail it to me and maybe I can get a graph for you...

You can try KnitPro yourself. Depending on how much detail there is in the logo. It works great for simpler ones...

That is awsome! My brother and Uncle are big Dolphin fans(Uncle lives in Ocala)...hummmm....wonder if he would like something like that..

You do such nice things! I think it would look good with the Orange and Green trim around it...

That is awsome! My brother and Uncle are big Dolphin fans(Uncle lives in Ocala)...hummmm....wonder if he would like something like that..

You do such nice things! I think it would look good with the Orange and Green trim around it...

Wow! This is such a small world! I lived in Altoona PA back in 1998-99 and now live in Ocala, Fl... LOL

Ok, the question is, how should I add rows to make it the right size to go over a pillow form?? Should I do it in rounds or what??? I'm not sure if I'll have time to do the back in Dan Marino's number or not. If not, I'll just do SC's in the cream color... Also, for the trim around the pillow, do you think I should do a row of Green, then orange then cream or just do cream? Thanks for any suggestions!!!

I think I would go around in cream with 1 sc in each sc or row and 3 sc in each corner until it was the right size to cover the pillow form, then maybe do a couple rows of green or a reverse sc in green around the entire pillow to finish it off.

I think if you change colors, it would prove distracting from the wonderful design you did.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I agree that if I did too many colors in the border that it would take away from the design so I'm pretty sure I'll just keep it "cream" all the way through...

Since I'm running low on time I'm just doing the back plain cream colored, no design. However, I like the idea of being able to take off the case and wash it if need be, so I'm going to make the back section in 2 pieces that overlap but aren't sewn together if you know what I mean, that way I can take it off the pillow and wash it when it gets dirty...

Since it's all simple SC, I'm hoping I can have this done in a couple of days... I still have a pair of socks to make my DH as well and we are now at 1 week before Christmas... I have a feeling I'll be up with Santa on Christmas Eve finishing up!

Archived