I should have known better...

:ohdear I am now missing my 2 favorite hooks. My aluminum K, and my plastic L.

My neice loves to play with them, so I'll let her hold the plastic ones, but only when I'm around. (I refuse to let her play with my K hook....that's my baby!) I won't let her walk off with them or anything. Well, now they're both missing.

I don't know what's more upsetting. The fact that I lost my favorite hooks, or the fact that I'm upset about losing crochet hooks! :think

I don't know what's more upsetting. The fact that I lost my favorite hooks, or the fact that I'm upset about losing crochet hooks! :think

:lol Hee hee; I know exactly where you're coming from! I get upset when I misplace my hooks, especially when it's one of my faves. Right now, it seems that someone in my house has "hidden" my aluminum hooks from me--the entire case is missing!!!

They all know not to touch my TOTCs, but I keep them in a walnut case and I'm really protective of those.

I agree with Donna; lost hooks = shopping trip!

I was always losing mine so I've got them in a zip-up pencil case now and I take them out of projects I am putting aside for now- I just have to remember to write down what size hook I was using, the number of times I've gone back to a project (or wanted to make another) and couldn't remember the hook size is starting to more than a little annoying. :lol

I made a set of stitch markers with alphabet beads on the end so I can mark projects with the hook size! Now I need a code to know if it was plastic, wood, or some ergonomic handled metric sized hooks! Every one is a different mm for the same letter.

I made a set of stitch markers with alphabet beads on the end so I can mark projects with the hook size! Now I need a code to know if it was plastic, wood, or some ergonomic handled metric sized hooks! Every one is a different mm for the same letter.

HOLY CRAP! That is THE best idea I've heard in a long time!!! I am terrible at starting a project, putting it down without any notes on a pattern (if I'm using one) and then forgetting what hook I was using!

Can I hug you now?? :D:hug

Archived