Rounds turning into hexagons instead or circles

NeedSleep

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm fairly sure that this is caused because all the increases are stacked on top of each other, if that makes any sense.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to correct it, short of doing what I do which is start sticking your increases somewhere else. Like, instead of *sc in next 5 st, 2 sc in next stitch * around, something like *sc in next 3 st, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sc, * around... so your increases are in different areas of the round each time...

So, that's *why* it does that, but I'm sure this probably isn't the correct way to fix it, though. Hopefully someone else comes along who will be able to tell us both.

thanks for bringing this up. i always wondered about that when i make hats, but never think of it when i'm online. that answers that!!:think

Except that when making hats, eventually you will stop increasing and the hexagon shape will go away after a few even rounds.

Actually when making a hat that increased this way, I've purposefully staggered my increases to avoid this, or spaced them randomly on one try. It all evens out over a reasonable number of rounds.

Archived