Decorative Stitches

Guest SamplerLady

Guest SamplerLady

th_Knobbypurse.jpg

mmouseplus.gifI was experimenting. I wanted to know how well bumpy stitches would hold their integrity during the fulling process.

So....I did a row of double crochet. Then, when working on the wrong side, I did a row of a variation of a sc. Sc in the first sc. Insert hook in the same stitch as the last stitch and pull up a loop. Then insert hook in the next stitch and pull up a loop, yo and pull through all 3 remaining loops on hook. It creates a bump on the right side of the fabric. Then another row of dc. until it was almost as tall as I wanted it. After a row of dc, and working again on the wrong side, I did a sc then trc and repeated across. A row of dc. Then another row of sc and trc. Then I did a shell edging.

Threw it in the washer with six tennis balls. Then I dyed it using Wilton's cake dye and citric acid. Then threw it back in the washer with the tennis balls to full even further.

I was really pleased with how well the rows showed up but especially pleased with the sc/trc area. Handles will hopefully arrive (or I'll go scour the Goodwill again) and I'll finish it up. Am thinking of needle felting a flower to put on it.....:D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."

Joseph Chilton Pierce

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifThanks for all the wonderful words.

I'm glad you all think it's neat, too. It's aways nice when an experiement works and others like it, too. :D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."

Joseph Chilton Pierce

I really LOVE it! :heart

I wondered how layered stitches would come out, once fulled. :)) Thanks for showing us! :camera

Archived