Ok I bought a ball of pretty wool

Chiscrochetcrazy

I'm gonna make it into a small bag. Then what do I do?I'm asking because I'm sure you all know the easiest way to do fuzz it up, is it called felted and what does fulled mean :thinking2 Total begginer here:blush

Me too :bounce Me too :bounce I went to the lys and just about had an :heart attack. OMG the yarns that they had in there were absoulutely the most delicious yarns :wowdrool But I did contain myself and bought 4 skeins of Lopi beautiful colors. 100% Virgin Wool - whatever that means. I want to make a purse. I'm just so excited :woohoo - But to answer your question, I don't have a clue :shrug Hoping one of the fulling/felting guru's :not answer your question.

Michelle :wink

Well, I'm so not a guru lol but I can tell ya the basics *g* I think there's some difference between fulled and felted, but heck if I know what it is *g* So we're gonna call it felting lol

First, remember to make your item bigger than you want it to end up, cuz it's gonna shrink. (this is where someone would probably tell you to make a swatch and felt it so you know for sure how much it'll felt but I'm a fly by the seat of my britches kinda gal and I never do lol it's up to you if you do or not *g*)

Use a big hook, like a K maybe. Loose stitches...

then when you're all done, ends woven etc. Toss it in the washer on the hottest cycle, smallest load, along with some jeans, sneakers, tennis balls, stuff to beat it up and some vinegar or dishsoap to change the Ph. Run it through the wash cycle once, twice, three times or however many times you need to get the look you want. (that's the fun part I think *g*)

Make sure the pillowcase is tied TIGHT!!!!

Mine came open on the wash.. I have little suede "dandruff" particles all over my bag from the shoes I washed it with!

I used Lopi also... it came out VERY furry, more so than Lamb's Pride or LB Fisherman's. I had to comb it.

Also, it should be called fulling becuase felting is what you do to raw, unspun fiber. (roving)

:twocents

oops I forgot that step lol. :blush

I use hubby's big Navy issue safety pin thingies that go on his laundry bags (when he send laundry to the ship's laundry facility) to close my pillowcase... but if you don't have those, or a zip mesh bag, you could just use regular large size safety pins to close the case.

Archived