2nd attempt at spinning (it's dyed too!)

nataleeza

I just had to show this off! It's my second attempt at spinning, and I'm getting better so quickly! I'm still not very good, or very quick but my attempts were usable really quickly!

This is 50g of white romney roving, that I spun and dyed using the tutorial on www.neauveau.com, although I did use food colour instead of koolaid.

a_yarn.jpg

I really wanted to post this on my blog, but the friend who will be receiving a little coin purse made of it will know right away I dyed it for her. She makes me think of blues and greens ;) and I made her a scarf for her birthday which was a deeper, more wintery version of this combo.

That wool turned out beautifully, wow the color is so intense..........I'm amazed that the Koolaid can dye wool, does the dye run when you wash the item after made?? Just a question from a non spinner, non dyer (is that a word?)

Thanks everyone :2blush

crochetlily - I've just started knitting it up and the purl side really shows up the bumpy texture. It reminds me of the sea... It's so much fun to stitch up my own yarn, it's brings a whole new dimension to handling it

jacqui - I haven't managed to meet up with them, I missed the November meeting, and they don't start up again until Feb. I can't wait!

mimi_mia - well, I have felted a couple of items using my hand dyed yarn, and it doesn't seem to have run. I've only been dying for a couple of monaths, so I can't tell if they are light and colour fast either, but I've heard that it is

Archived