Stars & Snowflakes

Horsy

Hi.  These were crocheted with your suggestions and advice.  They were suspended near the ceiling on a cord, and I just took them down today, but the tree is still  up for who-knows-how-long.  It makes our dull room brighter. 

P1011450.JPG

• Like 7

They look good.  My tree stays up all year.  I redecorate it every month with what holiday is in that month or just put on flowers.

This month is all snowflakes, next month will be hearts for Valentine's Day.

• Like 1

@All:  Many thanks for upvotes and compliments!  My stars & snowflakes were situated pretty close to the ceiling, so flaws were not visible. Ha ha.  Already planning improved versions for next Christmas.

@Tampa Doll.  Not a bad idea - year-round decorated tree.  And why not.  You have given me an excuse to not rush to take the tree down - it was so much work decorating it; the mere thought of re-wrapping and putting away those countless glass balls and ornaments curls my toes.  One year, when we had a real spruce tree (from our own back 40), it stayed til March.  It was just too gorgeous, could not bear to see it go.   It totally dried out and I'll never forget the mess getting the skeleton out the door...

Edited by Horsy
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Horsy said:

@All:  Many thanks for upvotes and compliments!  My stars & snowflakes were situated pretty close to the ceiling, so flaws were not visible. Ha ha.  Already planning improved versions for next Christmas.

@Tampa Doll.  Not a bad idea - year-round decorated tree.  And why not.  You have given me an excuse to not rush to take the tree down - it was so much work decorating it; the mere thought of re-wrapping and putting away those countless glass balls and ornaments curls my toes.  One year, when we had a real spruce tree (from our own back 40), it stayed til March.  It was just too gorgeous, could not bear to see it go.   It totally dried out and I'll never forget the mess getting the skeleton out the door...

I had to laugh at the tree losing all it's needles.  The last real tree (allergic) we had, my brother insisted (home from Navy on leave), so Mom told him to get it and put it up.  It was a beautiful tree, BUT when we took it down on Jan 7th, and took it out, there was not one needle left.  You could see the trailof needles to the door.

I started with the tree every month, as DH wanted the tree to stay up for our birthdays (end of January).  It snowballed from there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

DH wanted the tree to stay up for our birthdays (end of January).  It snowballed from there.

May I ask when your birthdays are?  My husband's is on January 27th (also Mozart's birthday); and my son's is on January 25th -Robbie Burns date of birth.  So this will be a mildly busy week. 

"BUT when we took it down on Jan 7th, and took it out, there was not one needle left.  You could see the trail of needles to the door."

Yes, I've been thru that countless times - and that is when my gratitude for the invention of the vacuum cleaner went up several notches. 

Edited by Horsy

2 hours ago, Horsy said:

May I ask when your birthdays are?  My husband's is on January 27th (also Mozart's birthday); and my son's is on January 25th -Robbie Burns date of birth.  So this will be a mildly busy week. 

"BUT when we took it down on Jan 7th, and took it out, there was not one needle left.  You could see the trail of needles to the door."

Yes, I've been thru that countless times - and that is when my gratitude for the invention of the vacuum cleaner went up several notches. 

My Husband's Birthday is January 24th and Mine is January 27th.  It use to be fun to go into the bakery and get a Birthday cake and have them write on it Happy Birthday to Us.  I had to look up Robbie Burns to find out who he was.  Facinating to know that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tampa Doll, I clicked on your "Mary Jo's Craft Pictures" for the first time (never even noticed those links til now). 

Let me get this straight:  you crocheted all those projects?  :crocheting

1 hour ago, Horsy said:

Tampa Doll, I clicked on your "Mary Jo's Craft Pictures" for the first time (never even noticed those links til now). 

Let me get this straight:  you crocheted all those projects?  :crocheting

She is super talented.  I wish I had half her talents and patience.

Edited by Lacycrochet
  • Like 1