Very easy baby sweater pattern

jstaff

Question

5 answers to this question

Here is a list of free patterns on Ravelry that members have rated from 'piece of cake' to just shy of medium.

Many of them are of the style of starting neck down making a yoke, and then you work the body, break the yarn, and work the 2 sleeves.  The only thing about this style that I recall that made me pause the first time I encountered it, it seemed a bit weird to make a long chain skip a couple of stitches on either side because my pattern didn't tell me what was going on - these will become the armholes, which you will later come back to to add stitches to for the sleeve.

Edited by Granny Square

17 hours ago, jstaff said:

Hello! 

I am looking for the easiest baby sweater pattern out there. I consider myself an intermediate crocheter but have never attempted a baby sweater. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Pink Single Crochet Baby Sweater - Daisy Farm Crafts

You can make this in any color.  It's a hooded cardigan.  I have this on my to do list for newest gs.

I made one in two sizes for grandsons.

Baby James Houndstooth Sweater - Daisy Farm Crafts

Bernat pattern on Yarnspiration Link on url pasted here

Crochet Bernat Take It From the Top Pullover - Daisy Farm Crafts

12 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Here is a list of free patterns on Ravelry that members have rated from 'piece of cake' to just shy of medium.

Many of them are of the style of starting neck down making a yoke, and then you work the body, break the yarn, and work the 2 sleeves.  The only thing about this style that I recall the first time I encountered it, it seemed a bit weird to make a long chain skip a couple of stitches on either side because my pattern didn't tell me what was going on - these will become the armholes, which you will later come back to to add stitches to for the sleeve.

Thank you! This helps a ton! 

8 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Pink Single Crochet Baby Sweater - Daisy Farm Crafts

You can make this in any color.  It's a hooded cardigan.  I have this on my to do list for newest gs.

I made one in two sizes for grandsons.

Baby James Houndstooth Sweater - Daisy Farm Crafts

Bernat pattern on Yarnspiration Link on url pasted here

Crochet Bernat Take It From the Top Pullover - Daisy Farm Crafts

Thank you! I will take a look at these and see what looks nice and easy! 

• Like 1