Cosmo Scarf from yarnspiration edge not working!

Tryn

Question

Hello, I am a very new beginner and wanted to do a beautiful scarf from Yarnspiration but even though I am following the pattern to the letter, one side just isn’t working! It’s so weird because the other side is perfect. Can anyone help me?

IMG_0100.png

IMG_0176.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

9 answers to this question

Go here (its free to join if you are not a member) and look thru the project pages.  There are some really good closeups and you can see how the blocks of 3 dc's and the diamonds are lining up.  They dont seem to be lining up in your scarf so something is off. Your scarf also appears to be getting narrower.  If you are making the correct number of stitches and are placing all your stitches in the correct place then your tension is not consistent.  

• Like 1

I did the first 3 rows of the pattern. grey is the foundation row and the white and green rows are the 2-row repeat.  

Your stitches aren't lining up correctly, the 45° 'tilted' sets of 3 DCs should line up on alternate rows directly over each other, and the plain column of 3-DC stitches should be made into the 3 stitches of the column in the row below.

Hopefully my color coding will work sort of as a 'stitch diagram' for you, this is one of those patterns that would be easier to follow diagrammed I think.

cosmo scarf.jpg

• Thanks 1

I noticed that row 2 says to  sc in top of the ch3 from the last row as opposed to in the ch 3 space. This would give it a cleaner square of stitches--holes in each corner-- without the extra little hole in the middle. I haven't actually gotten yarn out and tried it.

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to say thank you to all again. Your close ups (both the pink and the multi color) were so helpful and I am very grateful. Especially as I started to learn to crochet 3 days ago to teach my 90 year old grandmother. Thanks to you all I was able to FaceTime and teach her this evening! She has always wanted to learn to crochet and this was the pattern she asked me if I could figure out. So thank you all! And now I will be able to enjoy for a lifetime too! 

IMG_0291.jpeg