American substitute for ice yarn “Picasso” in rainbow

Kayla Jackson

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WX2TN2V?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k7_1_7&amp=&crid=155CTVAFRTMFX&amp=&sprefix=ice+pic

I LOVE the colors of ice yarn’s Picasso in rainbow (there are 2 different rainbow color ways with that name), but ice yarn is not found in American stores (other than Amazon). Anyone know of a yarn found in America that has those colors? ( link at the top )

Edited by Kayla Jackson

Hi Kayla- I'd recommend going ahead and order from Amazon. Most yarn companies will make a colorway similar to another company's yarn, but I don't think you'll find an exact match. You might try MaryMaxim.comPremier Yarns has some "Sweet Rolls" with vivid colors or even JoAnn's store or their online store. Sorry I don't have any more info. I hope you find what you're looking for.

You might consider finding single color skeins (in another brand or brands of the same weight) close to each of the solid colors you like in the variegated skein you like and following some sort of colorwork pattern that combines them in a coordinated way--this way (1) you get the colors that attracted you to this yarn, (2) you can control the design, and won't run into pooling problems that variegated yarns create--you can make tidy stripes instead of random blobs  (you can tell I'm not a fan of variegated yarn).

Edited by Granny Square
added words for clarity

• 2 weeks later...

I like variegated yarn and thread.  Making something with it - welllllllllllll.  Some projects (I'm thinking thread/doilies)  just don't work with variegated.  But that doesn't stop me from liking it or buying it (and keeping more than I need in my stash, LOL).

Yarn sub did not have Picasso ice yarn- that was the first place I looked. 

And the reason I am looking for a replacement is because the yarn is beautiful but unfortunately completely unfroggable. If you make a mistake and need to go back some, or want to reuse the yarn in your WIP, you can’t, because it gets stuck and won’t move. (I’m fairly sure we’ve all found yarn like that at some point.)

I did manage to make a scarf with it though.

IMG_6536.jpeg