Help please

boopadoop

Question

Screenshot_20230318_145956_Google.thumb.jpg.288c330bda268fe2cf9082fc05d47cca.jpgHeya everyone, I'm looking for a pattern and i cannot find it, I'm desperate my best friend wants me to make this set and I've got 3 weeks to do it and I'm panicking. Any help please. Thank you. 

Edited by boopadoop

4 answers to this question

I concur with Granny Square and bgs. One other note; explain that the pattern is not available and show your best friend 2 or 3 other similar patterns for her to choose from that she likes.

Welcome to the 'ville, Boop!  I am looking down my nose at your friend for making an unreasonable demand, and giving you an unreasonable deadline.  A lot of non-crafters  don't realize the time and effort that goes into a project like this, let alone the cost of materials.

What size is it supposed to fit? (3months, 1 year, etc.)

This is the closest I could find, it's not free but the shape of the hat is similar if you omit the elements that make it look giraffe-like. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wild-warmth-ensemble  you would have to join Ravelry to buy this.  Most patterns I'm finding for kid's jackets have hoods, but no matching hat.  

Where did the photo come from, in other words is it someone making outfits and selling them, or someone selling the pattern?  That might be your best bet for you if they are selling the pattern, or for your friend to buy it if they are selling the item.

You might try looking at yarnspirations.com or lionbrand.com for patterns, or telling your friend to do this, and pick out a pattern she likes. (I just looked and started posting links, but probably makes more sense for your friend to pick what she likes).

• Like 1

The set was being sold at the link below and is currently out of stock.  You could try contacting this seller to find the source of the pattern.  If it is their personal pattern they might consider selling it to you.  No way would I ever commit to making something like this in that time period unless maybe I already had the pattern and yarn. 

https://carriannesboutique.co.uk/product/white-blue-newborn-cardigan-and-hat-set/