Toddler gloves - pattern

AndreaM

Question

Hello,

I am looking for a pattern to make some gloves for my 3 year old. She doesn't like mittens and the gloves I have seen in the shops are all far too big. All the patterns I can find are for fingerless or mittens or adult sizes.

I'm not quite good enough to alter adult patterns to be smaller without the shaping going weird, so I'm hoping you clever people can help me out!

TIA

Andrea

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, bgs said:

There is a pattern here.  If you are not a member its free to join.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/toddler-gloves-3

I was just about to post that one as well, you beat me to it.  I was surprised at how hard it is to find toddler gloves, not many patterns available.

Mittens might be a tad easier (thumb and 1 big area for 4 fingers, instead of crocheting all the fingers), so this might be something to consider - comes in multiple sizes (2-4, 8-10, Adult).  Takes US #4 medium weight yarn.

https://www.yarnspirations.com/caron-hands-full-crochet-mittens/CAC0315-004044M.html#q=Hands+full&includeContent=true&start=1

Well, I had to adjust the pattern a bit to get the right size but it was far easier than trying to adjust a pattern designed for adults 😂. I still have to do the other one but I'm halfway there.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction 😊

PXL_20230304_204256976_MP.thumb.jpg.2cece1234d8419ac5f3e1f74c13f1f4c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndreaM said:

Well, I had to adjust the pattern a bit to get the right size but it was far easier than trying to adjust a pattern designed for adults 😂. I still have to do the other one but I'm halfway there.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction 😊

PXL_20230304_204256976_MP.thumb.jpg.2cece1234d8419ac5f3e1f74c13f1f4c.jpg

That look great! Love the colours as well.

Edited by Lacycrochet

This one was my first attempt (following the pattern to the letter), the hand part was ok but the cuff was too big. The pattern has 30 stitches in the cuff and the body of the hand so for the second one I did 25 stitches for the cuff part, and then an increase every 5 stitches in the first row of the hand to get me back up to 30 for the rest of it. I also realised that I needed to join the rows with slip stitches but it doesn't specify in the pattern so I didn't do that the first time, I think that is why the thumb isn't quite in the right place.16780092258611369375063273995287.thumb.jpg.57c380522e681a0b69751c3ec7ce1f7c.jpg