Shower/Bath pouf

YarnyBoy

I was lucky enough to get some cotton yarn from the spouse for Christmas. So I'm trying to think of good utilitarian things to make with it.

Well I found a pattern for a bath pouf and I think I'm obsessed. I'm about to finish a second and then immediately start a third.

How nice is this?!

I'm never buying another one, these are great. It's a very easy project.

This is the link to the pattern.

IMG_20221225_203554.jpg

• Like 3

That object is pretty, but what is a "bath pouf"?  I have never heard of this.    Is it a decoration you put on top of the toilet tank or what.  Remember those dolls with massive crocheted dresses that were popular at one time?  Their apparent purpose was to cover a roll of toilet paper.  LOL!  I think they could stand alone purely to adorn the bathroom.  

Thank you, Tampa Doll.  While I am here, I wonder if there are any patterns available for those 1950s dolls with the crocheted dresses that you put on the toilet tank.  They may be un-cool, but I'd like them to be cool again.  

• Like 1

Yeah I have a couple of them.  Let me check out where the patterns are from, then I will get back to you.

I only have the air freshner doll patterns, but you might try here.

http://www.treasuredheirloomscrochet.com/

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Horsy said:

Thank you, Tampa Doll.  While I am here, I wonder if there are any patterns available for those 1950s dolls with the crocheted dresses that you put on the toilet tank.  They may be un-cool, but I'd like them to be cool again.  

I really want them to be cool again too! I was just telling my spouse last month that I would love to figure out how to make one. :)

• Like 3

I made a couple TP dolls out of fabric with no pattern, but that doesn't help you; I'm still using one of them.  They used to make plastic 'half dolls' for crafting purposes, I could have sworn I had one that was for a TP holder, I don't think I would have thrown her away but I can't find the doll at the moment to take a photo;  That doll, I'm pretty sure had a 'stick' for the lower half of the body to hold her up in the roll.  The other doll (that I'm still using) I made out of old pantyhose, and I just made her torso an inch or so longer than her dress, to stick into the center of the TP roll to hold her up.

I'm going to look at some vintage sites, I might be able to find a crochet pattern.  If not a human doll I betcha I can find a poodle...

Ha ha ha I found a poodle pattern in less than a minute but it was out print, still looking...

Edited by Granny Square

Here is an image of the doll I got off of e-bay.  Now I have 2 dark haired ones, send me a pm, we can talk.

Sorry I will have to get picture tomorrow of the ones I have.  I can't seem to get it off the esty sight.

Edited by Tampa Doll

Well it's probably easier to just link to TP covers at Ravelry, (including the poodle) these are a mix of free and not free.  You'd have to join Ravelry to download or buy one that Ravelry is hosting, but not if the pattern is on a blog.  Some patterns may be from magazines, so you'd have to find the hard copy magazine somewhere - it's a pattern database and they patterns are not all available from that site.  I rather like the Jane Austin one...The bride doll pattern mentions "fibercraft 7.5" doll, but googling shows that these are vintage items.

But Walmart seems to have similar dolls, out of stock at the moment.  It seems to me I've seen similar small dolls (with a normal anatomy) at the dollar store that might work, worst case you might have to amputate a leg :eek .

Or, a small human doll pattern whose torso would fit into a toilet roll, and just make a too-long torso.  You could use the Ravelry link above and search for 'doll', there have to be a few that would be close to the right size.

Edit, when I hit post just now I realized that others had been answering as I was looking for patterns--yeah, I was only finding links to vintage dolls except for the Walmart listing.

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

This doll is free, looks about the right size and her torso might fit in a TP roll Debbie (or you could narrow it down at the lower end so it does).  She is 7.5" tall (with legs, so about the right size torso up), and uses fingering yarn.  You might have to compare her waist measurement to TP rolls and adjust so she fits...

Edited by Granny Square