Mrs

Ktems

Question

Hi I need help with starting a shawl 

The shawl I saw had 6 shell stitches at the beginning around the neck and then the shawl widened to 5 sections with column stitches 

I tried starting the 6 shell stitches in a magic loop and also on a chain but it doesn't seem right  

The 6 shells were perfect shells and in a line beside eachother 

Any advice would be appreciated 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14oUNKRXBqwGr89ocwZgy2-YjxJRKNF8W/view?usp=drivesdk

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!  

Did you link the right photo?  This looks more like (maybe) a circular blanket folded in half, I'm seeing a beginning center circle that is open a little bit,  maybe an inch or 2.

Magic Loop is a knitting term which sometimes gets confused with the crochet term magic (or adjustable) ring which I suspect is what you meant.

Are you looking for a half-circle shawl pattern, with shell stitches, that starts at the center top of the shawl?  (which, you could use a magic or adjustable ring for, as well)?

• Thanks 1

Here is a free Lion Brand pattern, half circle shawl - you can download the pattern for free.  Here is a link on Ravelry which shows the stitch pattern a little better.

Another shawl with shells, the Ravelry link shows the stitch pattern examples better than the pattern site does.  It looks smaller but I imagine it might not be too difficult to add a few rows if you are adventurous.  

10 hours ago, bgs said:

Was it this one?  Look at photo for rows 7 and 8 to get a feel what it looks lime.  You cant tell much from the one she has on.

10 hours ago, bgs said:

Was it this one?  Look at photo for rows 7 and 8 to get a feel what it looks lime.  You cant tell much from the one she has on.

Hi 
Thanks for your response, no its not this one, the photo I took isn't clear.
I have done similar shawls to the one above. But this shawl didn't have a magic ring 
It was more 6 shells in a straight line and columns added in each row between the shells 
The shawl is a friends so I will ask her to take a more clearer photo 
Thanksv

10 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Welcome to the ville!  

Did you link the right photo?  This looks more like (maybe) a circular blanket folded in half, I'm seeing a beginning center circle that is open a little bit,  maybe an inch or 2.

Magic Loop is a knitting term which sometimes gets confused with the crochet term magic (or adjustable) ring which I suspect is what you meant.

Are you looking for a half-circle shawl pattern, with shell stitches, that starts at the center top of the shawl?  (which, you could use a magic or adjustable ring for, as well)?