All those tags pretty well tell my story! My Grandmother taught me to crochet one summer when I spent several weeks with her. The one design I learned and still rember was a cross made in the shell stitch. My favorite one was made with a varigated thread. After that summer a lot of years went by before I tried my hand at it again. And then it was off and on. A month or so ago my daughter called me to see if I would be interested in making some things for a  benefit one of her friends is to be involved in. Gail, my daughter, wanted to learn to crochet and make things to sale for the benefit. Aside from the benefit she wanted to crochet a baby blanket for  another friend. She found the thread and pattern and went to work on it. It's about finished except for the border. She's done a beautful job and I'm so proud of her! Maybe she'll let me post a picture of the finished blanket. 

I think I've "talked " enough for my first time. Just let me say I'm glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

Welcome to our home away from home!

It's wonderful hearing family crochet stories.  My paternal grandmother and my mother both crocheted beautifully, but they never taught me. I learned from a book in the late 60s and haven't stopped since!

We love seeing pictures of everyone's work, also😉

Enjoy exploring the many threads here on the 'ville.