I forget what stitches I used when I started this project!

tiburonjoan

Question

Hi, I put this project down for a while and I've since forgotten which stitches I used!  The yarn is Thick and Quick wool and acrylic, #6 bulky weight.  Here is a closeup of the front and back.  I think I used an alternating single crochet and then a taller stitch like a double crochet, but I tried those and it didn't really match what I'd already done.  The first two photos are of the front, and the third photo is the back.  I would greatly appreciate any help!  ~ Joan

Joni Blanket 1a FRONT.jpg

Joni Blanket 1b FRONT.jpg

Joni Blanket 2 BACK.jpg

7 answers to this question

I'm not the best at 'what is this stitch', but my two cents :2c -- I think it's alternating rows of singles and doubles, while turning the work.  The back sides of the DCs are facing the camera.  When I dust, and shake out my doilies, I can tell front from back when I put them back down because their DC backside bottoms stick out a little / have a slightly different look than the smoother front.

I make shortish stitches so I don't doubt the possibility of the taller stitch being a DC.

(Thanks Horsy for pointing out I wasn't clear in this post before adding the underlined, I meant alternating a row of SC with a row of DC, which is what I did my swatch in the post below)

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

Here is a swatch comprised of a row of DC, then SC, then DC, with the DC's backside facing.  If you don't think that's it, probably your best bet is to grab some yarn and swatch other possibilities.

scan0003.jpg

Edited by Granny Square
to crop photo
  • Like 1

Hmmm...maybe the best way for the OP to figure this out is to carefully rip back 2 rows to be sure, that won't be too much progress lost...actually you could get by with ripping 1 row, and justa few stitches of the next.

Edited by Granny Square

Up and down stitch pattern stitch is where you alternate SCs and DCs.  Then on the next row you do a SC in the previous DC; and a DC in the previous row's SC.  However, in that photo, it doesn't look like that.  Just mentioning this,  as there was mention of alternating these 2 stitches.